PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows linked to alarm PROBLEM

nutsaboutnovas
07-04-03, 11:17 AM
I had my fully upgraded TOAD Ai606 fitted a while ago and i was going to have the total closure unit fitted so that the windows closed when the alarm is armed! However, when the bloke came to fit it he said it would not work ad the windows are negative lift and they should be possitive! what the F**K does that mean.. surely i can't have the only nova out there with this problem..Is it just the bloke being stupid?? the car is a 1992 K reg GSi with the standard windows and electrics!! any advice welcome!! I really want this cool feature on the alarm to work!!!

cheers lads

Ashley

Lee H
07-04-03, 12:20 PM
Let me guess, GAP Security fitted it? :roll:

Ste_Nova
07-04-03, 01:10 PM
muppets!! if the window goes down when armed you just swap the wires over and it will go up....

GSiLuvver
07-04-03, 06:31 PM
I asked about a total closure option when I had my cat1 alarm fitted, but the guy said that they play up quite a lot with the electric window switches fitted in the centre console. Has anybody else been told this / had this problem? Personally I think he was talking rubbish and just couldn't be bothered to wire it up. I really wish I'd questioned him further at the time now!!

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 07:21 PM
your completely right

talking complete nonsense.

it is the wiring aspect they cannae be arsed with as u say

so do yourself a favour and take your businiess elsewhere where its apreciated and you know they wont bodge it if they do do it

stugsi
07-04-03, 07:25 PM
ive had window closure on 3 of my novas and had no trouble wot so ever
(touch wood)

one toad
two clifford

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 07:30 PM
ive had window closure on 3 of my novas and had no trouble wot so ever
(touch wood)

one toad
two clifford

on that note, mines cobra alarm, total closure and again - no problems

even had the cobra upgraded for ?30 its now fully featured for things like glass break sensor and extra functions!

fearless
08-04-03, 12:23 AM
oops

nutsaboutnovas
08-04-03, 10:52 AM
No it was supposed to be fitted by A2B Alarms however when he looked at them he said it would not work and didn't bother fitting it.. ok then so who can i get to put this in my car??

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 10:24 PM
No it was supposed to be fitted by A2B Alarms however when he looked at them he said it would not work and didn't bother fitting it.. ok then so who can i get to put this in my car??

dunoo where uxbridge is, but id offer a hand, always do :lol: :oops: 8)

anyone on here who knows a thing or two should help u out, if there nice enough

mark_GSi
09-04-03, 09:59 AM
eh???

thats STUPID!!!

got a clifford on mine with total closure and thats been fine

call um up and ask for your money back, MUPPETS!!!