PDA

View Full Version : magnex exhausts

shanehandley
06-04-03, 10:23 PM
whats every1s thought on these exhausts?

wots the biggest size can u get for a nova? ive seen 4 inch for 1.6 novea and 3.5 for 1.3 and 1.4! ive got a 1.0 which will fit i only want the back box not full system!

and what do they sound like are they lound?

thanks in advance for any help.

shane.

ade
06-04-03, 10:55 PM
Ive got a magnex stainless steel back box and it was fitted to my 1.2. It sounds sweet - nice and purry and likes to get louder when accelerating in 3rd to 4th (especially through tunnels n under bridges!)

I didnt want owt too loud and this is loud enuff for me.

Ade

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 12:15 AM
he will correct me if im wrong, but ollster has a magnex exhaust i THINK and having met him at sheffield this weekend ( LONG TIME NO SEE! - twice in how long!?)

his exhaust sounds well nice, not too loud, just nice, nice tone also

ollster
07-04-03, 01:59 AM
Yup mate i have got a magnex system, and i have been very impressed with it, its nice a subltle untill you start pressing on a bit then it has a very nice deep roar.

rob.slader
07-04-03, 09:27 AM
I'll second that, I had a full magnex system on my SR. It sounded sweet at tickover, when you give it some it doesn't sound wank like the peco's etc. The important thing with all exhausts is the quality, and the magnex systems are spot on. I don't think you will go wrong with this brand.

shanehandley
07-04-03, 12:18 PM
where can i get the back box from and how much is it gonna set me back!

rob.slader
07-04-03, 01:48 PM
Try here http://www.magnexexhausts.com/products/_performance/vauxhall.htm or give them a call if you can't see what you want.

shanehandley
07-04-03, 01:55 PM
i went on the magnex website and looked at the nove bits butit said (Models with aperture in bumper) wots this mean??

rob.slader
07-04-03, 04:16 PM
It means a cut out in the bumper for the exhaust to fit under, that would be for the Mk1 Nova. Mk2 Novas don't have this.

GSiLuvver
07-04-03, 06:10 PM
Mk2 Nova's do have a cut out in the bumper. It's not too much of a problem which back box you buy (as long as its designed for the Nova obviously!) cos you can always cut out a piece of your own bumper to make the exhaust fit.

Nova-Boy
08-04-03, 08:12 AM
I Have a magnex full stainless system on the Golf and it sounds awsome but also makes it faster no end. Not a nova but im sure one for a nova would be just as good. :D

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 10:42 PM
just dont buy a manifold from them - correct me if im wrong but they fall to bits in my experience :lol:

rob.slader
09-04-03, 10:03 AM
Mike, I had a Magnex manifold on my 1400sr, it didn't fall to bits and seemed very vell made, up to the same standard as the full system. I't won't rot out like the cast iron manifolds either as it's stainless steel.

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 10:16 AM
Sorry mike but i have to agree the manifolds doo seem very good to me as well. On the golf is more like 4 pipes half way down the car than a manifold!

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 02:33 PM
hmmmmm

one manfucaturers manifolds fall to bits.

the welds break

im sure i thought it was that :roll:

never mind

sorry :oops:

can anyone correct me?

Dicko
09-04-03, 02:38 PM
iv got a magnex full system which you cant get anymore.

the 4 branch manifold is as light as a feather and makes the car sound real sweet, hard to explain the sound when ur kinda slowly accelerating usualy when sitting in traffic or cruisng in town.
its quiet overall until you floor it then its pretty loud mixed with the engines induction noise.

the buggers used to cost ?430 which is a bit of a ripoff lol :)

might be selling it though if i sell the car