PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been Wheelclamped Before!!

Alex J
04-02-10, 06:21 PM
my luck ran low today in rayleigh essex, my home town, parked my van in the same old carpark , went to the bank , came back, and had a lovely clamp on the wheel:roll: , , still, should have seen the sign on the wall!!!!, and it was a bargin at only 155 quid to remove:eek: !!!!!!! glad i went to work this weeklol , anybody else in the clamp club??

blue_peg_16v
04-02-10, 06:22 PM
nope touch wood

mowgli
04-02-10, 06:26 PM
there is a street in hinckley where loads of people have been clamped.... it is the access to some flats, last year, some big walls appeared on the footpaths with massive signs stating that you will get clamped.....

so I park on the road, just as I always have, but I printed off my own sign.

it reads

do not clamp my vehicle.
i built this road in 1999
in 2000 it was adopted
as it is a public road
you can't legally clamp me
& i will remove the clamp
please ring me to discuss further etc.....

they've never tried clamping me

lewisvalver
04-02-10, 06:28 PM
nope but my dad told me a funny story about when he was working down in edinburgh.....they were doing back shifts working through the night,when they finished at around 4am his mate went to his van and discovered a wheel clamp,he got the stihl saw from the back of the van and cut it off lol,would of been funny to see...

mowgli
04-02-10, 06:28 PM
you scots are lucky, isn't it now illegal up there?????

Alex J
04-02-10, 06:30 PM
i didnt get a chance to argue , it was on about 30 seconds, and the nice lads had gone, left me a nice bill on my window aswell!!

Prey
04-02-10, 06:33 PM
just remove the clamp yourself and forget about it...

lewisvalver
04-02-10, 06:37 PM
you scots are lucky, isn't it now illegal up there?????

in Scotland wheel clamping on private land is illegal, private companies still chance there luck tho,ive heard edinburgh and aberdeen are the worst for them

Jack
04-02-10, 09:10 PM
As far as I'm aware, if its a private firm that have clamped you, then so long as you don't damage the clamp you're well within your rights to remove it and bugger off lol

bai1ey
04-02-10, 11:45 PM
jack i think you are right there was something on 5th gear about it was there not

rwaggers
04-02-10, 11:49 PM
jack i think you are right there was something on 5th gear about it was there not

yep there defo was mate

Bubba
04-02-10, 11:51 PM
this is where you need major tyre tuck and full lock... :D no i aint been clamped

Ben
05-02-10, 09:19 AM
Ive removed loads of the old style dvla ones lol the new big style they use i had a skeleton key for and just used to unlock them and leave them on the road.

brake-dust
05-02-10, 10:42 AM
your legally alowed to remove any wheel clamp as long as you dont damage it and return it ;)

L33 LEG
05-02-10, 12:49 PM
£155 sounds a lot more than they used to be, unlucky.

I remember reading a thread on CS years ago. he had aq corsa and got clamped. he went home to get some tools and jacked the car up and took off the ball joint,etc as the owner of the land was watching him. he eventually got it off and as he was putting his tools away the guy put the clamp on the other wheel. so he just paid up lol

raymond
05-02-10, 04:24 PM
i got my old gte clamped outside my home for no tax we removed the clamp ourselves and left the clamp at the side of the road needless to say i still got a fine for no tax but no fine for the clamp removal lol