PDA

View Full Version : The NL meet today...

Neil.
06-04-03, 07:08 PM
ok, intial thoughts, shite.....
Thanx for the people that attended, and for those who travelled far(mike, his mate, those from manchester) nice to meet you all, it was good to meet and see you all in that sence.

Loved the black car that came with mike, wanna swap?

Turn out from 2pm till 4pm was shocking, i left about half 4 coz it was cold n harldy anyone there, obviously the southen ones are more popular.

Cant wait for next one mike :wink:

Cheers again,

Neil

Jim
06-04-03, 08:15 PM
obviously the southen ones are more popular.

Well, obviously, duh! :p

Joking aside, sorry it didnt turn out as well as you hoped. Thing is, not to give up. The first few meetings I tried organising wern't very popular. You'll find that the more meetings you organise the more people will turn up. Even if its just a few of you that meet up, its an insentive to wash your cars and get out of the house for a couple of hours.

Don't give up on organising another.

Jim

onephatnova
06-04-03, 09:09 PM
i dont wanna be too negative about the relatively poor turnout...

i thought it was alright for my first novaload meet... it was nice to meet everone :) thanx to all those that DID turn up :) YOU ALL seemed very nice :D i got a few ideas for my baby(s)... and it was nice to have (possibly) the TWO FASTEST cars there...!!??? the other 2.0L 8V would maybe be close!? Rob Cox's black beast looked very nice and it'll be cool to see it when he drops the 2.1 in there. There was also quite a few nice lookin Novas - Mike Oxford's, NOva, Ollster, the one with the HUGE exhaust, etc. (sorry i didnt catch all of your names)... :D

i might be tempted to go to the next Milton Keynes meet!? if thats more popular!? but i think we shouldnt giv up on having Meets Up North too!! either in Sheffield again, or Birmingham, or maybe in Manchester!!? Hopefully the next NL Northern Meet will have a better turn out...

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 01:10 AM
all in all i counted 12 - 15 (lost count :oops: :lol: ) cars throughout the day.

its a shame we didnt have them all appear at same time, after you went neil a few came and went.

in all fairness, credit where credits due, it wasnt an MK meet, BUT it was still sound.

as jim says, the washing the car, blacking the wheels, and even the hourney there and back in convoy, its a good atmosphere and the fresh but somewhat COLD :o air still goes in them lungs well.

OPN and friend, i never actually caught your real names :o :oops: sorry lol

and to everyone else who showed again. well done. and come back again!

watch out for a more central meet ;) coming soon.

i hope that northeners will travel south, and similary southerners go north, because this meet will really be in the centre of everyone, so hopefully we should get the best turnout ever from a NL meet.

its be nice i think anyway.

oh

and its gonna have a lil twist, despite what u lot may think, no i havent told anyone, and anyone who thinks they know. your wrong :lol: :wink:

ollster
07-04-03, 01:39 AM
Was a good day apart from that xr2i that tried to race us in the convoy on the way there :evil:. Nice to meet some new members and catch up with some that i already new

Dave
07-04-03, 08:48 AM
just posted in the sticky post
i got a bit lost :oops: an couldn't find it

wisewood
07-04-03, 11:19 AM
and its gonna have a lil twist, despite what u lot may think, no i havent told anyone, and anyone who thinks they know. your wrong :lol: :wink:

mike i told you i WILL NOT take off my clothes and run around naked for everyones entertainment!!!

FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!!

novamark
07-04-03, 12:15 PM
maybe this is just me but i fink it would be better if there was some way that you could pm every user telling them about the novaload meets a little bit in advance, i didnt no there was one, maybe its just me not payin attention or bein stupid. i aint havin a go, jus an idea.

novamark
07-04-03, 12:17 PM
p.s, i do no there are posts, but i jus thought maybe not all people look at that. i dunno.

wisewood
07-04-03, 12:30 PM
it is possible...
there are some ideas for things that me and kev have bounced around between us a few times but when they will happen is another matter.

novamark
07-04-03, 12:35 PM
when i'm on the road, i'll go to as many as i can, cant wait til a can drive!!!

Dave
07-04-03, 12:38 PM
to keep updated just look in the events forum

novamark
07-04-03, 12:39 PM
yeah. will do.

Neil.
08-04-03, 12:41 AM
its all of us singing cum-by-yar naked whilest shaggin sheep.

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 01:35 AM
both neil and wisewood man!

shut it!

youll give the cabaret / entertainment away!

Jim
08-04-03, 09:18 AM
Are you lot trying to put people off? Cos it's working.

Jim

novamark
08-04-03, 09:31 AM
2nd that one. lol.

kevw
08-04-03, 10:59 AM
Me and Daz were gonna come but the throttle bodies were playing up due to overfueling, the car was running rough on Saturday night then on Sunday when Daz was driving round to mine we decided it was a bit risky driving all the way there lol

Cara
08-04-03, 04:24 PM
i didnt come because phil's car was poorly sick :o he decided to drive it through a pot hole on sat night an killed the left arm and steering

Dave
08-04-03, 06:08 PM
for the next meet is it worth havin a contact number so if like me you get cut up by a volvo at a roundabout an get a bit lost you can get directions in!

wisewood
08-04-03, 06:29 PM
might be worth people printing teh directions off and taking some with them... just in case :lol:

but yeah... good idea.
next meet up sheffield way i will give my number out for ya all who get lost. I got a spare sim card so i can use that one and keep m y number a secret from all those who dont yet have it :lol:

Dave
08-04-03, 06:43 PM
if it wasn't for that sweedish shopping trolly i'd have been there!
(an i know i should have took the directions but was meetin oli so i thought i didn't need them) :oops:

wisewood
08-04-03, 07:01 PM
well you wont be making that mistake again will ya :lol:

MattyWoo
08-04-03, 09:27 PM
Well i shouldnt really admit it but at the last Mk meet which ME and Jim organised i forgot to look at the directions that I posted and couldnt actually remember where it was :oops: