PDA

View Full Version : Chop Shop, Lee from prog moaning about the sh!tters they build

L14MNP
03-02-10, 09:38 PM
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=50846

Read that, but he is in the Passion Ford link. Interesting stuff lol.

Although I like many only watch it for the humorous bodging. When they stopped chopping springs and running 6" spacers it lost some appeal. :thumb:

burgo
03-02-10, 09:40 PM
ive read his posts on passion ford before. he really doesnt like leepu

L14MNP
03-02-10, 09:42 PM
It's new to me mate. I never knew he was on PF airing his views - makes sense he would be a member though. It's true what they say, don't bite the hand that feeds you though...

I wonder if there will be another series given his outbursts. :(

burgo
03-02-10, 09:50 PM
if its the posts i think they are its from ages ago.

to be honest if they wanna do another series they will just find another fabricator

Plug
03-02-10, 09:52 PM
i thinks the sumo beemer looked good imo

L14MNP
03-02-10, 09:55 PM
I love it when he cries when that thing burns. lol

Even Bernie posts! lol http://community.yourdiscovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/174100344/m/841101454

Lee
03-02-10, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, this Lee chappie seems to have a lot to learn about television. How popular was Top Gear when it was a proper motoring magazine back in the days of Chris Goffey and Tony Mason when they did proper road tests and sensible reporting, compared to now when three goons deliberately make a mess of every project they do and road test cars 95% of the viewership will never even get to sniff the seat of, let alone drive?

I see his point, Lepu is an idiot and makes horrific cars, but lets face it, its more entertaining to watch on telly the indian with the stupid ideas and the sweary cockney who has to try to make a gear linkage bend around 7 corners, than 3 charismaless teenagers building something I could easily find on an internet forum and read at my leisure?

Mechanics who want to be on the box are probably two a penny, but a partnership that works on screen and gets ratings is not. My tenner goes on the new series being minus Mr Lee and his friends, and replaced with another batch of mechanics, who will probably be far more grateful for the oppertunity.

Just my 2p's worth :)

L14MNP
03-02-10, 10:00 PM
Agreed fully Lee. Read the above link. There's a forum full of info. Doesn't seem like they have any plans to return in the near future.

If ever there was a true case of 'bodge it and scarper!' lol

Jack
03-02-10, 10:11 PM
I know of a Lee who makes good with the bodging lol

Richie_B
04-02-10, 10:03 PM
Bernie posting ftlols lol

Lee has good written English.

ade
07-02-10, 12:59 AM
lol - I LOVE chop shop - Leepu is a genius! Although the cars he build always have those swaged wheel arches!

Have to say hes my inspiration when it comes to welding! And after rewatching recent episodes (Ginolas sons car is awesome) I've almost fnished rebuilding my Puntova bonnet entirely out of sheet metal - all welded with 2 lovely detail lines running the entire length! Som much lighter (and so muct faster) than the other attampt I did (and was still to make a fibreglass mould from!).

I so need to upate my project thread - rebuilt the wings too!

Derick-Sport
08-02-10, 07:35 PM
my little brother thinks leepu is a genius, he also thinks my dog is genius for wiping its **** on the carpet.. leepu is a jackass ftw

bmw156
08-02-10, 07:46 PM
lol - I LOVE chop shop - Leepu is a genius! Although the cars he build always have those swaged wheel arches!

Have to say hes my inspiration when it comes to welding! And after rewatching recent episodes (Ginolas sons car is awesome) I've almost fnished rebuilding my Puntova bonnet entirely out of sheet metal - all welded with 2 lovely detail lines running the entire length! Som much lighter (and so muct faster) than the other attampt I did (and was still to make a fibreglass mould from!).

I so need to upate my project thread - rebuilt the wings too!

i agree ade, i know i couldnt make the shapes leepu does. and he just does it out of his head and holding a picture. crazy.