PDA

View Full Version : Story of a local Sport.

Stanley
03-02-10, 08:09 PM
This post will get a lot of blood boiling!

I was speaking to a guy at work, and apparently years ago a local lad (who shall remain nameless) used to have a C reg sport.

He proceeded to fit a full Novadose kit to it complete with blended in skirts, and a full respray in white, a few other 'aul boy' mods and then fitted 17's....

A few months later he was out driving and hit a fallen tree, ripping the roof off the car.

I guess thats Karma for you eh?

Spudly
03-02-10, 08:16 PM
A guy i used to work for a few years back used to rag me for owning a nova, said he had one he bought for £100 sheets after it was traded in at the dealership his dad valeted for, said he was about 15/16 at the time, it was white, had (in his words) shoite burberry type seats and his mate told him it had two carbs on it (he aint an engine man) i showed him a pic of a sport and he was like fcuk me yeah it was the same as that, oh yeah says me, now interested to find where it had gone, what did you do with it?

Ragged it round a field, got bored when it started to die so he kicked the snot out of it and torched it:eek:

novacabrio
03-02-10, 08:21 PM
Where is local to you stanley?

I think if its the car I think you are talking about it got a quad conversions kit on it and a mate of mine bought it and kept the id but fitted the engine to a hutchinsons convertible

blue_peg_16v
03-02-10, 08:23 PM
didnt chancer brake one too that had been chaved and sprayed blue

Spudly
03-02-10, 08:25 PM
didnt chancer brake one too that had been chaved and sprayed blue

He did indeed, was a hull reg'd one too, had a mish mash of mk2 and gte bits on it, it provided the parts and styling for his sport/XE

greg1.4
03-02-10, 08:29 PM
Stan, you may remember C66 NRM..

it was a Sport that used to kick around Dumfries, it was rolled at the well known Dalswinton jumps! Remember?

I know the guy quite well, infact the nova was only scrapped 3 years ago. it sat in his mothers back garden for years just lying to rot. the engine and carbs was sold to a lad up glasgow way (iirc) and he scrapped the shell..

I got the 1 piece rear bench from it a few weeks ago. thats about the onlt thing he had left..

now a few years on he wishes he still had it lyng there. he didnt think they would be worth as much..

Novasport
03-02-10, 08:44 PM
Oh well, keeps putting the price of mine up lol

Zeus
03-02-10, 09:24 PM
And it means I have to save more for one :(

bazil
03-02-10, 09:26 PM
how common are sport replicas?

i love the way C75 BEC looked in the rebuild thread

novacabrio
03-02-10, 09:46 PM
how common are sport replicas?

i love the way C75 BEC looked in the rebuild thread

Looked?

bazil
03-02-10, 09:47 PM
Looked?

em ive not looked at the thread in a while,

nips off to projects forum.................