PDA

View Full Version : MBE 9A4 or a DTA S60?

nova 2L 16V
02-02-10, 11:22 PM
As above for a xe on throttle bodies and reasons why?

Stuart
02-02-10, 11:32 PM
whichever the bloke you're taking it to be mapped at likes the most/is most comfortable and or experienced using.

other than that, both much of a muchness (infact for a simple XE on TB's why not just opt for lower spec stuff like the S40 and equiv of MBE etc.

Lee
02-02-10, 11:36 PM
I ran DTA and was nothing but impressed with it.

dstevenson
02-02-10, 11:55 PM
I run S40 on x14xe on TBs on a nova rally car and have found it very good indeed. The only difference of the S40 to the S60 is that S60 has datalogging which is not really of significant use once the car is set-up properly on a RR. I have not needed to even connect the lap-top to it again!!

SR-Rally
03-02-10, 12:48 AM
A friend mines 14 16v stage car is on mbe running jenveys and he finds it easy to set up and pretty spot on really. I also have the ignition only ecu and loom for my twin forties which was brilliant to but no use to you or mr now lol

peester
03-02-10, 08:28 AM
i use mbe, as per martin bowyer, sbd and track n road..
mind you non of them are local to me lol oh well

nova 2L 16V
03-02-10, 10:37 AM
I am thinking of going for mbe personaly but just wanted some idea what others are using and why. Also with the mbe do people make there own loom (is this hard?) or bye one from SBD (which are expensive)?

blue_peg_16v
03-02-10, 10:43 AM
with the mbe carnt you get a converter to run the std loom?

Stuart
03-02-10, 10:48 AM
making your won loom is piss easy, just takes time and a little bit of methodical common sense.

As I already said, both ECU's are pretty much the same in what they do but its down to what the bloke mapping it most used to etc (although most can map any ecu these days as the interfaces are getting similar since the normal way is pretty much the best way now)

nova 2L 16V
03-02-10, 02:40 PM
In that case il go for the MBE 9A4 as it is cheaper. Deeside is the closes RR to me as im from Anglesey. Any guides on making a loom for a mbe on a xe engine?

Stuart
03-02-10, 06:49 PM
There is a good guide to a let loom on mig, the principles are the same for any car/engine really.

Good wire, crimpers and connectors are vital

philip
04-02-10, 05:58 PM
a.b. will map any ecu anyway....hope it is a.b.garage your going to you'll be let down by any of the other local rolling roads. i can promise you that

peester
05-02-10, 07:48 PM
i got my loom made - allowed me to carry on with other stuff, plus theres no way i would have got it looking like it came out; labelling, shrink proofing/covering- its all sturdy as feck.
I have to recommend Steve @ GWR Motorsport if you do. He can supply all/ anything electrical; the ecus, loom; anything. Dont have to use SBD.