PDA

View Full Version : suspe moment.so if i buy gmax shocks how hard r they consion

scotte
06-04-03, 10:26 AM
i have pmc shocks on my car they have been on there for about 4 yrs.the risde is so hard its horrible.i want to get some adjustables but dunno if i can afford it at the moment. if i was to get gmax shocks how hard r they compared to OE. as i was thinking about getting some original shocks as i want some comfort back

ade
06-04-03, 10:44 PM
with any lowered after market shocks/springs (sporty variety anyway) there are gonna be stiffer and more bumpy.

I have Gmax on my car and find theyre really good. Give the car a much better look and help improve drivability no end. They are stiff (60mm drop springs and dampers) but providing you cut the bump stops down 20mm at the front you'll have no probs.

I guess it all depends on what youre used too. Prior to my Gmax, I had standard suspension - horrible!

novax
06-04-03, 11:18 PM
I'm running Spax all round, springs and dampers. It's a firm ride but not too much, the speed bumps are a pain though, I go over them in the Passat like they're not there.....

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 12:14 AM
agree with ade.

my gmax kit suits me, not tooo harsh, and yet its really firm

that dont make sense but i think there really good vfm