PDA

View Full Version : how much is this worth?

AW3K
05-04-03, 10:17 PM
Central locking with all wires etc and electric windows with all wires, switches etc.

How much would you pay for it all second hand as a complete deal?

It's from a mk2 aswell

Thanks

AW3K

Ben (lurk75)
05-04-03, 11:05 PM
?100 for the lot, if its all in GWO.

AW3K
05-04-03, 11:32 PM
thanks m8

Would it drop right into a 1.0L nova without having to alter the wiring?

Thanks

AW3K

mikeoxford
06-04-03, 03:52 AM
thanks m8

Would it drop right into a 1.0L nova without having to alter the wiring?

Thanks

AW3K

sure will if the loom is supplied.

theres three wires with no homes

two is live (one permanent positive for central locking, the other ignition switched for the windows) they go straight into the fusebox, and then theres a brown wire with a ring on the end of it, earth

theres a guide on nova-land.com i followed that to put them in my first car. nice job, not difficult, just time consuming

fun though

you MUST use vauxhall pop rivets as nothing else is strong enough, ive been there done that!

AW3K
06-04-03, 12:53 PM
thanks for the replys

Erm where abouts do i drill to pass the wires through to the doors?

Are they just grommets to be used or is there a rubber pipe like on the boot?

thanks

AW3K

ade
06-04-03, 11:14 PM
If you want to do it "properly" use a rubber pipe (fiestas have them like the nova boot)

Basically - to do it properly you need to drill hole size of rubber pipe (usually 2cm) in the side of the door (just under the centre support between hinges) and then into the side of the car between door and wing - NOT into the door surround frame (like under the switch that turns the light on and off). If you drill it there, it will leak, you wont get all the wires through AND after a while they will snap coz they snag on the door when it closes.

You need to remove the wing (and bumper and grill to get wing off) and drill a 2cm hole on the edge on the body of the car a little higher than the one on door edge - it should enter the cockpit just around the boot release handle area. I used one of then flat headed wood drill bits with a pointy spike on the end. metals not too thick and it went in easily enuff! Use file to smooth off afterwards. Make sure you check the drill size against rubber tube 1st!!!

One in place, thread wires from door through tube to cabin. You will have to cut the wires probably and rejoin them in the cockpit area of the car using conenctor blocks or similar. Once threaded through, pop the rubber seals into the relevant holes and seal up using sealer (mastik or grey stripe) DONT use silicone sealer.

If you intend to make car fully central locking, you will need a solenoid for the drivers side (only has a switch) and then run 2 wires from the passenger solenoid back across the car to to drivers one in the door. make sure you put the wires in place before sealing it all back up. They can be a pain in the arse to thread through afterwards!

Ade

AW3K
07-04-03, 01:14 AM
thanks for the info ade.

what i don't understand is where u say to put the rubber pipe. have you got a photo of where to put it?

So if i opened the car from the pasangers side with OEM central locking it will only open the passangers side? But the drivers side will open both?

Thanks

AW3K

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 01:16 AM
So if i opened the car from the pasangers side with OEM central locking it will only open the passangers side? But the drivers side will open both?

yes