PDA

View Full Version : Recieving payslips, RJ please

bmw156
02-02-10, 12:51 PM
hey guys, a work related question. have searched google and nothing came up.

what i want to know is is there a legal time you should be given a payslip. some of the lads are saying its befor you get paid, and we always get them after.

im just wondering if anyone can clarify this for me. one for jack i think lol.

ant_tay
02-02-10, 12:59 PM
i get mine electronicaly the day before i get paid and when they were on paper we still had them the day before payday

Southie
02-02-10, 01:00 PM
I get mine still on paper two days before it's baxed into my account.

sparkie1401
02-02-10, 01:03 PM
im paid in austria all my payslips end up in my work draw but i can get them emailed whenever i need them, no help from me really sorry! although back in the day i got mine on payday each week without fail

burgo
02-02-10, 01:08 PM
i thought you were supposed to get it before pay day. your work will receive them before payday anyway

wwmnw
02-02-10, 01:08 PM
I get mine two days before payday.

Ben
02-02-10, 01:11 PM
I get mine airmailed over and take about a week not that i even open them, just check my bank to make sure get right amount of money.

mowgli
02-02-10, 01:38 PM
our secretary has just told me that there is nothing legal about when you receive your payslips, as most people are on bacs. the slips are produced about 3 days before you get the money.. the only thing legally binding is that you get your p60 by a certain date in may.

Mike
02-02-10, 06:01 PM
our secretary has just told me that there is nothing legal about when you receive your payslips, as most people are on bacs. the slips are produced about 3 days before you get the money.. the only thing legally binding is that you get your p60 by a certain date in may.

Pretty much exactly what i was about to type lol saved me a job nice one :thumb:

Jack
02-02-10, 06:40 PM
Every employee is entitled to a written payslip (with some exceptions - contractors, police, and some seamen). You are to be given this before or when you get paid BUT bear in mind it doesn't have to be a physical piece of paper - an online payslip is perfectly suitable, however if the system goes offline and you can't view your payslip then the employer is in trouble lol

The law states a payslip "to be given ... at or before the time" you get paid. So I would interpret that as being given a payslip AFTER you've been paid as a breach of employment law.

Adam
02-02-10, 06:46 PM
For the last 6months i aint got my wageslip until 2-3days after i actually get paid.
I asked the same sort of question to the HR department and they told me theres no legal law

Jack
02-02-10, 06:48 PM
theres no legal law
Yes there is... I just quoted it above lol

Adam
02-02-10, 06:50 PM
Sorry Jack i replied before seeing your post.

I get a paper slip, BUT they are sent out from the payroll place BEFORE i get paid, i wonder if that covers it? Or does it have to be in my hand....
I dont actually receive it until after paydate 9times out of 10

Jack
02-02-10, 07:05 PM
Hmm, depends on your interpretation of the wording I guess. I still think its written as you should have it in person when or before being paid

bmw156
02-02-10, 07:07 PM
at morrisons i alwasy used to get my payslip after being paid.

and i cant see a big company like that being below the law. maybe its just me lol. and so the guys in the factory are right, payslip befor payday.

ok i wont say anything lol

Adam
02-02-10, 07:09 PM
Same goes for Co-Op Pharmacy where i work tbh /\

Logical Improvement
02-02-10, 07:13 PM
I give my (one and only) staff a payslip about 3 weeks before I pay her. I wait until I'm told she needs it and then transfer it by BACS. But then I employ my wife. If I employed anyone else, they'd get a payslip a week before I paid them, so if there was a dispute I could sort it out.

Mind you I've not paid myself for December let alone January yet.

Ben
02-02-10, 09:58 PM
I havent been paid for 8 weeks!

John
02-02-10, 10:11 PM
Hmm, never get mine till about 3 days after i'm paid. Annoys me somewhat when i see the sales guys with theirs on payday!

novalicous
02-02-10, 10:14 PM
Most of the time i get min 3-5 days before the pay day