PDA

View Full Version : wire up fogs direct to headlights?

Nova Modder
05-04-03, 04:13 PM
ive been looking ova my car all day, i cant find this finky relay
http://www.mikeoxford.boyracer.net/howto/pics/fogs.jpg

so can i just hook em up direct to my mainbeams??

Stuart
05-04-03, 05:25 PM
if theyare fogs, why bother having them on the main beam??

Nova Modder
05-04-03, 05:36 PM
so i can be one of those t0553rs that drive around wiv em on all the time :)

nahh, cause i think the relay box is attached to the fuse box, but i can only find the number 87 thing... the rest of it is just an assorment of random numbers no where near as high as 80

Stuart
05-04-03, 05:39 PM
jsut looked at it again. that relay is aprt of the fog light circuit that you a)get with the lights of b) have to buy speereately

aobut 98% of the relays used in the uk are numbers in the same way

Nova Modder
05-04-03, 05:43 PM
hmm

well how bout i wire it upto main beams, but still wire up the switch to the dash...

that way i can turn em on and off and they aly be able to come on if the lights are on ( BONUS )

thing is, will i have to put a resistor in?

if i activate full beam will it blow the fogs, or will they just flash as well??

thats my main concern, if they just flash as well then gr8 :)

Stuart
05-04-03, 06:34 PM
no resistor needed, but i would suggest you use a different realy so you dont cook the main beam one. theres a lot of current being draw there

mikeoxford
06-04-03, 04:17 AM
waheeeeeeeey!

that diagram is copyright mr adrian and mike! ade will want royalties for you displaying that!

:lol:

anyway

the wiring diagram, as cambridge said is of either the klit, or parts u buy yourself. is not on the car.

it all needs to be wired in properley, dont hook this up to that and that to this, eventually a fuse will go more and more load u put and bang

Nova Modder
06-04-03, 10:30 AM
lol @ mike :p

anyway... how about if i goto scrappy, and tear a relay from another nova, then wire the fogs up through that, its own relay?

ade
06-04-03, 10:47 PM
wots the point? The relay and fog kit is only ?10 from halfords - comes with full fitting instructions and is easy (thanks to Mikes diagram!)

By the way, there are legal implications for driving with fog lights and main beams on - the police dont like it.

The word "fog" lights means you are only supposed to have them on when there is "fog". Or you have them wired up to your side lights in which case theyre known as daytime running lights.

Either way if you have main beams and fogs on when it aint foggy you p!ss people off coz its almost as bad as having full beams on!

I actually changed my fogs to yellow bulbs - gives em a strange glow!

novax
06-04-03, 11:38 PM
Just a thought but they might fail the MOT if you wire them straight into the main beam. Also the relay is not an option whatever you do, it's needed.

mikeoxford
06-04-03, 11:52 PM
(thanks to Mikes diagram!)

and ades :twisted: :evil:

cant take all the credit bud ! :lol:

erm

any ideas what i could do for additional front lights? i got a mk2 bumper, with laguna splitter, was going to buy some ultra slim ones, to shine through the laguna vents if you like on either side, though they would at least be hidden, didnt know what other ideas to have

dont think fogs in the mk2 bumper owuld look too cool? never seen it done before

and behind the grille may be gay also

any ideas?