PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 Engine??

JShannon
01-02-10, 08:34 PM
As a result of no antifreeze my engine is now fooked. It was a 1Litre. Thing is i have been offered a 1.2i from a 1994 corsa and would like to know what would i need to do for it to run standard 1.2carbs?? Change of head?? Also can i use my 4speed box??I dont have alot of mechanical knowledge but my dad does so he can translate!

Any other info any one has would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Joe:thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
02-02-10, 01:15 AM
youll need the corsa/1.2 nova, front engine mount to fit it, you can use the bottom end of the corsa engine, and stick the top end of a 1.2 carb on it. (head, inlet, carb). gearbox is an f10, it should fit. youll also need to use the carbs ignition setup (distributor and coil pack, plus a wee bit of electrical work to make it work) probably a 1.2 throttle cable and choke cable too, not forgetting an exhaust (possibly the whole thing?) and you might need to change your petrol tank aswel as the 1.0 doesnt have a return line from what i can remember lol, alot of work there.

it'll be easier to source another 1.0 most probably, theres only 10 ish horse power difference between them anyway.

mowgli
02-02-10, 07:48 AM
if you could find a mk1/2 astra 1.2 ohv engine, then it will fit straight in like a 1.0, look like a 1.0 but have 60hp.. trouble is that they are not that common in the uk

JShannon
02-02-10, 09:55 AM
yeah thats the thing. The astra 1.2 or nova 1.0 i think would be hard to source in Belfast/N.Ireland!!

Cheers for the advice jimbob and Mowgli!!

Joe:thumb:

SR Kyle
02-02-10, 07:35 PM
as said by jimbob youl need the engine mount but check the key of the corsa doesnt have a chip as i made this mistake and i couldnt get it to start lol silly me