PDA

View Full Version : diesel to petrol conversion

2drloon
01-02-10, 01:06 AM
anyone know the diffrence bettween a combo derv and petrol tanks and the diffrence between combo and corsa tanks.

anyone put a petrol lump in a deisel or combo van any advice would be grat as duing a conversion next week and hoping its roughly the same as a corsa. cheers in advance. http://corsasport.co.uk/board/images/smile/thumbs.gif

Nobby
01-02-10, 08:35 AM
it should be pretty much the same mate but obviously depends if the combo tank can be drained and then used as a petrol tank and if your going to use internal external pumps etc . I should think normal things apply if its a xe with mounts etc etc WILL F has one theres some pics on this link might be worth pming him.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137292&page=2&highlight=combo

Will F
01-02-10, 09:04 AM
You will need to cut/reweld the o/s engine mount as the diesel engine is an Isuzu, not GM.

Will also need to swap tanks and pumps and lines too...

kent14sr
01-02-10, 10:01 AM
anyone know the diffrence bettween a combo derv and petrol tanks and the diffrence between combo and corsa tanks.

anyone put a petrol lump in a deisel or combo van any advice would be grat as duing a conversion next week and hoping its roughly the same as a corsa. cheers in advance. http://corsasport.co.uk/board/images/smile/thumbs.gif

I did it on a P reg astra van - put a c14se in (was GM diesel).

For that engine the mounts were the same, but had to change full wiring loom (inc dash) and fuel tank as the diesel tank had 1 fewer outlets iirc

Luckily we had the complete donor car so could swap bits over as required

John
01-02-10, 10:05 AM
I did it on a P reg astra van - put a c14se in (was GM diesel).

For that engine the mounts were the same, but had to change full wiring loom (inc dash) and fuel tank as the diesel tank had 1 fewer outlets iirc

Luckily we had the complete donor car so could swap bits over as required

Like will has said tho, the combo is isuzu diesel, and the mount is different.

Ben
01-02-10, 10:29 AM
When i done my xe intoi a derv astravan used the same tank just fitted nova gsi pump.

MattBrown
01-02-10, 11:02 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you need to swap the tank and pump off the derv?

And the lines?

I always thought a rail on a diesel was higher pressure than a petrol, so couldnt you just run a pressure reg?

John
01-02-10, 11:05 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you need to swap the tank and pump off the derv?

And the lines?

I always thought a rail on a diesel was higher pressure than a petrol, so couldnt you just run a pressure reg?

On a common rail diesel yes Matt, Combos are far from that (combo b anyway) Combo c with cdti's are common rail.

2drloon
01-02-10, 11:44 AM
thanks for the input guys and its a1.7 izu and im fitting a c14se does any1 know if a corsa tank will fit as im breaking 1 thanks

Will F
01-02-10, 05:11 PM
thanks for the input guys and its a1.7 izu and im fitting a c14se does any1 know if a corsa tank will fit as im breaking 1 thanks

Yep it should do - they share virtually all parts!

Deffo need to fettle that front mount though:thumb:

General Baxter
01-02-10, 05:13 PM
why would you want to get rid of such a good engine ?

Will F
02-02-10, 11:04 AM
why would you want to get rid of such a good engine ?

lol

About 30 bhp and even less torque?

2drloon
02-02-10, 05:51 PM
Selling The Engine To A Friend And Hes Paying Me To Fit It So Not My Choice.