PDA

View Full Version : nova gte arches

jettasrfab
05-04-03, 10:31 AM
my mates running 16" alloys and he has had artch work done in order to use them but he can't have the camber set properly and its abit sucky destroying yoko's every month or so, anything that can be done? its supposed to be lowered 40mm but it look smuch lower any suggestions, also when he driving and turning right hand corners and puts his foot down he hears tapping noises? any clues would be loved like anna kornicova in a fish market

ade
05-04-03, 12:17 PM
clunking round corner could be wheel catching on something (or brake dust shield rubbing) or could be track rod end/bearing etc ... is there any feedback on dteering (knocking in steering) - whats it like in a straight line when braking?

You can mod the camber on novas (see articles page - Micky's camber mod). You need to either file the suspension bolt holes or move the strut top holes 7mm...

Also what suspension is supposed to be on the car? Is it complete set (springs n shocks)?

Ade

jettasrfab
05-04-03, 04:59 PM
clunking round corner could be wheel catching on something (or brake dust shield rubbing) or could be track rod end/bearing etc ... is there any feedback on dteering (knocking in steering) - whats it like in a straight line when braking?

You can mod the camber on novas (see articles page - Micky's camber mod). You need to either file the suspension bolt holes or move the strut top holes 7mm...

Also what suspension is supposed to be on the car? Is it complete set (springs n shocks)?

Ade
its supposed to be gmax i think, in a straight line when braking it wobbles like hell, really nasty, i haven't drove it yet so i dunno about steering forgot to ask, he told me the disks are warped, its only on right hand bends at speed, its more like a tapping

Fester
06-04-03, 12:49 AM
the rear of the car is a solid beam i.e. you cant adjust maybe they are the wrong offset and putting a lot more pressure in terms of weight on one side of the wheel

have a look underneath you will witness the solid beam, with a couple of mounting points

Fester
06-04-03, 12:51 AM
just re read the post its obvious youre not talking about the rears lololol

jettasrfab
06-04-03, 11:32 AM
just re read the post its obvious youre not talking about the rears lololol
yes its the rear, he just said there no feed back through the steering when cornering

Fester
06-04-03, 09:32 PM
my original comments hold true then

ade
06-04-03, 10:53 PM
judder through steering when braking is due to knackered braking components (discs warped etc), loose or badly worn suspension, track rod ends or steering column.

novax
06-04-03, 11:27 PM
Rears are fixed. Fronts must be lowered a lot then if camber is a worry... as to the judder - what Ade said is spot on

mikeoxford
06-04-03, 11:49 PM
and even if you got new parts fitted. dont think theyll be fine

i got brand new disks on the fonrt and pads, they lasted about 100 mile and then the fcuker started vibrating worse than they did before

anyway
new alloys soon to arrive :lol: w00000000t so the 2ltrs will be going straight on

word of advice DONT buy drilled disks.

speaking to ollster and he says they dicipate heat too much (which there designed to do i guess) so more chance of warping them and he already got through a set of disks methiniks.

so thatll be a nice set of grooved and engraved disks from red-dot for me sir

oh yes thankyou

jettasrfab
07-04-03, 09:03 PM
could it be drive shaft? cause theres no judder through the steering when cornering only when braking, plus it clunks on full right lock in reverse sometimes forward

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 09:32 PM
theres no judder through the steering when cornering only when braking

answered your own question

brakes

jettasrfab
08-04-03, 06:30 PM
ta mate, owe you all one

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 10:28 PM
ta mate, owe you all one

you answered the final hurdel yourself ;) so giv urself a pat on back!

brian
08-04-03, 11:11 PM
camber in the rear can be altered if you wish. Where the hub is bolted to the beam, the stub axel is fixed on with four bolts. Very thin shims can be added to the bottom two bolts to camber the top in slightly and vice versa with the top two bolts. A tiny shim will make a big difference.
Like wise shims can be added to the top and bottom bolts on right or left as you look at the stub to caus the car to understeer or oversteer depending on what set up is required.
That last bit is not really important to you but is used to set up Novas in rallying sometimes.