PDA

View Full Version : Several Questions!

KSRY
31-01-10, 08:49 PM
Just rang about a Nova that was on ebay, has now been taken off due to apparently getting 'damaged' all windows are broken and 'scraped' up the side, its a mk1 fling with a tattyish exterior, but its got MOT til September so was interested, he said he'll scrap it, I said I'm still interested,
now my questions are:

1, How much is a full set of glass, roughly? I'd have thought freeish?

2, How much is a scrap Nova worth in the current climate?

3, I presume its not legal to drive without a windscreen? If so, (now don't laugh) if I drive with a crash helmet on, will I be legal (thinking of kit cars here)???

4, If no to both of the above, how hard is it to fit a Nova windscreen myself? Just has to stay in a couple of miles!

Any more answers you feel worth giving, please do!

Thanks in advance!

Tony M
31-01-10, 08:50 PM
3, I presume its not legal to drive without a windscreen? If so, (now don't laugh) if I drive with a crash helmet on, will I be legal (thinking of kit cars here)???

^^^ Me, Myself and Irene with the fly's in his teeth lol

I don't think that would be legal mate.

NovaLad
31-01-10, 08:51 PM
Nova Windscreens are a doddle to fit... Insert and slowly work your way around folding the rubber over the glass...
Be carefull not to put too much pressure on it anywhere as they are prone to cracking easily.

xe_nova9
31-01-10, 08:55 PM
I'd say you'd get the glass for less than a tenner.

If its only a couple of miles I'd just duck tape the windscreen on till you get it home, then you can get someone to help you with it.

Providing the way home isnt on a motorway or dual carriageway lol