PDA

View Full Version : Cav Problems Still

ianglanister
31-01-10, 08:47 PM
:cry: Well from the last post ive managed to get the Cav running again but it still runs lumpy and has a missfire. When left ticking over its fine but when you rev it missfires, if you keep at steady 2000 rpm etc its fine but when keep the revs going up its missfiring. Also when you let go of the pedal completly it sounds like its going to cut out but then sorts itself out and ticks over fine again. Now the other thing thats worrying me is about 30 seconds after starting and leaving it running the engine management light comes on.

Any ideas what i can try would be GREATLY appreciated!!! If you need me to explain anything in more detail i would be happy to.

Thanks

mowgli
31-01-10, 08:49 PM
truly, honestly, get it to a garage & get them to look at it. it will be way cheaper in the long run

ianglanister
31-01-10, 08:52 PM
If no one on here can give me any tips what to try thats the next thing to do cheers

Stanley
31-01-10, 08:54 PM
Car/engine spec?

mowgli
31-01-10, 08:55 PM
look at it like this..

you are describing a set of specific symptoms via the internet

you may have missed something really obvious or it may be something that none of us have ever encountered.

a garage will give you the lowdown in a matter of minutes.

ianglanister
31-01-10, 08:57 PM
The only problem being its not insured at the minute and still up in the air having front suspension sorted
if i cant get any ideas off anyone on here will try and get a local mobile mechanic or a garage to come out in there van

General Baxter
31-01-10, 08:57 PM
if the eml is comming on, flash the code