PDA

View Full Version : MOT failure hmmmm ??

Bobminda
31-01-10, 06:28 PM
Right, firstly before your answer please reply with yes or no if you get what im talking aboutlol

ok you know the headlight light switch, well you know you can pull it out to switch on the interior light, well my side lights only work when this is in the out position.

Is this a MOT failure or will the MOT'ER even notice it's in the out position.

Over to you guys ??

draper
31-01-10, 06:30 PM
shouldnt notice, just make sure the interior light bulb isnt in

floydy13
31-01-10, 06:31 PM
leave the switch out, he cant fail it because your interior light stays on!

7ova
31-01-10, 06:32 PM
i'd pass it, just take the bulb out the interior light so there's nothing to catch his eye,

dave.gsi
31-01-10, 06:33 PM
i'd pull the bulb out of the interior light just to be safe. leave the headlight switch in the out position, 5 quid says he doesn't even notice

jakeufton
31-01-10, 06:33 PM
he wont notice lol just make sure when he goes inside he doent knock it down, best thing to do is offer to help thats what i did cuz i had very dogey brake light wiring lol

Connor
31-01-10, 06:34 PM
Just out of curiousity where do you get your car MOT'd

jakeufton
31-01-10, 06:37 PM
is this an open question to anyone?

Connor
31-01-10, 06:46 PM
nah, its that Bobminda lives down the road from me..
but feel free to say lol

Bobminda
31-01-10, 06:48 PM
Just out of curiousity where do you get your car MOT'd

Usally go to Nationwide in chelmsford and use my Tesco clubcard voucherslol

and yes im a cheapskate

jakeufton
31-01-10, 06:49 PM
oh rite lol its just i live in uttoxeter and your from derby? i go this lorry park place and the guy always gets me to do half the work with him and usually lets me off a few things! nothing dangerous like lol

Bobminda
31-01-10, 06:49 PM
Thanks all !

Connor
31-01-10, 06:54 PM
Usally go to Nationwide in chelmsford and use my Tesco clubcard voucherslol

and yes im a cheapskate

oh cool
i know of a really good place in colchester,
The boss lives in Tiptree aswell

novaguy08
31-01-10, 08:09 PM
Tip that I once read.

Local Councils usually have their own MOT bays to MOT their vans (I say MOT, more rubber stamp them!). However VOSA say that to be a registered MOT bay you need to be open to public. Take your car to them and they're less likely to pick holes as they're not going to be trying to get money out of you for repairs!

Well thats what I read anyways.

16v Nova Kev
31-01-10, 08:10 PM
is this an open question to anyone?
no just members.

only kidding:thumb:

jakeufton
31-01-10, 08:14 PM
ill be a member in the nxt few days :)

mowgli
31-01-10, 08:14 PM
Tip that I once read.

Local Councils usually have their own MOT bays to MOT their vans (I say MOT, more rubber stamp them!). However VOSA say that to be a registered MOT bay you need to be open to public. Take your car to them and they're less likely to pick holes as they're not going to be trying to get money out of you for repairs!

Well thats what I read anyways.

my mate always used to take his old shed of an ascona to the local ford main dealer because they would never want it to darken their workshop for more than the time it took to mot it

novaguy08
31-01-10, 08:15 PM
lol win.