PDA

View Full Version : Cav MK3 Central Locking.

Nova_Tek
31-01-10, 02:25 AM
The Cav will only unlock the drivers door (via key) The rest of the doors stay deadlocked and the only way to get in is to climb into the car from the drivers door.

I got a working microswitch and fitted that, which made no difference. I got a working door motor which I know was working as it was removed from my Nova. That made no difference. I alternated the motor fitted and the new microswitch, the old microswitch and the spare motor, the new micro switch and spare motor but still nothing. The fuse is also fine.

I'm left to assume that the cetral locking module has gone.

Firstly, where is the central locking module?
Is it possible to disengage the dead lock so that people can get in/out, lock/unlock the door by manually lifting the door pin?

Any gen?

eightvalver
31-01-10, 04:20 PM
You will find the Moduale behind the drivers footwell side trim panel, under the ECU.

It may be worth trying to diconnect the battery for a minute or so (have your stereo code tho)

And yes, you will be able to unlock the doors manually.

Im breaking my mk 3 cav at the mo, PM me if yo want my module:d

Nova_Tek
31-01-10, 08:18 PM
Ok so would disconnecting the central locking module automatically deactivate the deadlock?

How would I go about testing to see if that's at fault?

Will let you know if I need a new module.

Cheers mate have some +rep :thumb:

brainsnova
31-01-10, 08:56 PM
you can bridge 2 wires at the module to unlock the doors. earth to unlock i think iirc

mowgli
31-01-10, 10:27 PM
this seems a really common thing on cav 3's. I had to tell a woman in a carpark to climb in thru the rear hatch so she could get to an auto electrics place.

what's the wiring near the door hinges like??? as it is a serious weakspot

Nova_Tek
02-02-10, 03:36 PM
The wiring on the doors (the big round plug thing that connects to the door) seems to be fine. I took it out and checked all connections and there doesn't seem to be any problems.

Haven't had time to spend time on it yet, hoepfully I get to the bottom of it.

brainsnova
02-02-10, 03:40 PM
what did the contacts look like when you unpluged the door wiring loom thing and try unplugging it and check for continuity through the door.

Logical Improvement
02-02-10, 07:27 PM
The switch on the drivers door that works the deadlocking is obviously Fecked.

Nova_Tek
02-02-10, 11:24 PM
^ thats what I thought mate, exactly that. Changed the switch and tried two different ones but still nothing.

The connections on the door plug all looked clean and undamaged.