PDA

View Full Version : hell of a rattlein what is it?

mols1.2i
04-04-03, 06:21 PM
my nova was fine till i went 2 get petrol there and now since iv filled it up theres been a hell of a rattleinn when i put ma foot right down on the gas anyone no what this could b? could it b serious?

cheers

p.s need 2 no asap as i need the car for 2 morra !

NOVAS RULE
04-04-03, 09:32 PM
is it constant and do it all the time it could be the cover of the Cat it it has one

joeczucha
05-04-03, 12:25 AM
Do 1.2's have points? If so could be fucked mine mate a rattling when i accelerated but its a 1L J

ade
06-04-03, 11:41 PM
when you say rattling - do you mean pinking - like when you accelerate?

If so are you sure you put right fuel in it?

Pinking caused by timing being out - or fuel igniting on carbon build up (which gets hot) making it fire before the plug sparks and fires it - this pinks.

Try a tank of optimax, or get it serviced/tuned.

Dunno why its doing it since filling up tho...

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 12:43 AM
Dunno why its doing it since filling up tho...
possible the petro lbeen sat at the garage ages and lost its octane rating..........?

Chris LR
07-04-03, 04:17 PM
My mates brother had a 'bad-lot' of petrol over the weekend, had some shit in it and his car wouldn't start after he stoped it at home..

He filled up at Sainsburys - who are now footing the bill after the AA said it was dodgy petrol.

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 07:47 PM
bit hard to prove though :(

Chris LR
08-04-03, 09:10 PM
He was lucky that he put a whole tank in (reserve light was on), thats really why he's managed to prove it.

He even kept the reciept too!

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 10:49 PM
i always keep my receipts - i write the mileage on the top of them also so i can guage how many MPG i get(ish :P)