PDA

View Full Version : bumper problems

roge
04-04-03, 02:40 PM
hi, can anyone tell me if i can fit a mk2 sr bumper to my standard mk1 nova? and will there be gaps between it an my lights? i currently got a standard mk2 bumper which leaves huge gaps :x . Thanks roge

Nova-Boy
04-04-03, 02:43 PM
Is the SR Mk2 bumper much different to the Mk2 standard bumper?

roge
04-04-03, 02:56 PM
nope, so i'm guessin it'll leave the same gaps. i can change the lights an grill, but there'd still be gaps where the mk2 wings come round under the lights. any suggestions?

Nova-Boy
04-04-03, 03:16 PM
Does the wings come round under the lights or is that not the bottom part of the grille?? I dont know much about this subject so i dont know why i am bothering. :oops: But it is always nice to get a reply to a post isn't it? You might have to change your wings aswell as your lights and grille. Are the gaps really that bad? Got any pics?

roge
04-04-03, 03:20 PM
i got no pics, but i've looked at mk2's an noticed that the grill bit covers most of the gap, but the wings come round a few inches as well. If anyone has fitted a mk2 bumper an grill to a mk1 can they tell me how they filled the gaps? Thanks for the reply!

geordie_racer
04-04-03, 06:44 PM
u need 2 put an entire mk2 front end on i think which includes, lights grille wings and bumper. otherwise get some mk2 bumper irons loosely fit the bumper and get some1 2 tilt it up taking away the gap and tighten while in this position

ade
06-04-03, 11:48 PM
You will have a gap still. MK2 SR/SGi bumper is just deeper - same as the standard MK2 one till the lower section...

The mk2 wings come round, under the indicators and along under the lights for a bit then the MK2 grill clips into 2 clips just off the wing so it marries up.

You could fill the gap - you considered meshing it? Paint mesh black 1st - might work. Would really need to see some pics though to get idea...

Alternatively face lift. You only nbeed lights, indicators and 2 wings. Ceck out scrappy - youre looking ?40 the lot.

roge
10-04-03, 05:38 PM
i was thinking of removing the slats form the mk1 grille that i cut off the mk1 bumper and attatching it to the mk2 bumper that i have on my car. (fibreglass :? ) Then mesh the big hole an spray it all. if anyone has any tips on fibreglassing or comments on my idea let me know.