PDA

View Full Version : rear engine mount

nick_nova
29-01-10, 08:58 PM
hi all, i put my c20let engine with a f28 gearbox in my nova today and i went to put the rear engine mount on and it don't seem to line up.. and ive been at it for agers! lol ive got the gearbox and front engine mount on with almost no problems, but before i fitted this it was a c20xe with the f20 gearbox. Do you have to use a different rear engine cradle bit? (don't know if thats the correct name:confused: )
what is happening is that the cradle is pushed right up agaist the side of the gearbox and it seems to me that its the wrong one to use, but i could be wrong! ive had a peak at some project threads but havn't found anything.
thank you in advance! xx :thumb:

nick

Jon_nova1
29-01-10, 09:12 PM
lol you should have put the rear mount on first, we did the same on the F20, bolted the mount to the box and it wouldn't line up with the hole, it was so bad one of us had to pull the engine forward using a tow rope on the mount, and one of us had to try and hammer the bolt in

nick_nova
30-01-10, 01:50 PM
lol cheers mate. i was only using jacks to get the engine in because i havn't got a engine crain and the gearbox mount lined up straight away so i thought i best put a bolt though that haha and just went from there. never mind, il try putting the rear mount on 1st. cheers

JordyzNova
30-01-10, 02:02 PM
dont you have to modify the rear to fit a f28?

w88rdy
30-01-10, 05:26 PM
I believe you have to alter a mount for the f28,chris astley sell a mount conversion iirc

nova-taken
30-01-10, 06:23 PM
w88rdy, i thought you only modified the front gearbox mount for an F28 conversion?? :confused::confused:

The Simps
30-01-10, 06:45 PM
Its only the front mount that changes.

I assume as you had an xe fitted you've fitted the spacers on the rear mount? They are a pain to line up. Keep all the other bolts a little loose and it may help.

nick_nova
03-02-10, 07:07 PM
ive done it :) i took the engine out and fitted the rear mount 1st and found that the cradle part just needed a slight grind down where it was pushing against the box. sortedddd.