PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm wont arm.

andy_017
29-01-10, 08:23 PM
Just wondering whether anyone can shed any light on this for me?

I've got a sigma s30 alarm for my nova,(the one with the keypad override) since i have built the nova my alarm now wont arm it justs beeps loudly and then the siren goes off, anyone any ideas on were to start looking for problems etc? The only thing i have done differently to when it was in my mk2 is not fit the pistols in the door too put the pins up and down as i have now used gsi stuff!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont know anything about alarms.

Cheers

Andy

Jon_nova1
29-01-10, 08:52 PM
pistols in the door? whats one of them? lol

if you have a wire that went from the alarm to the central locking it would need an earth or live, otherwise when it arms it thinks the doors arn't locking or think someone has unlocked the doors when its ran its sequence so go off

andy_017
29-01-10, 08:55 PM
Well the 'brain' for the alarm is earthed to the car so i think thats soted.

I think i know what i might have done wrong, apparently these alarms have magnetic switches and a bonnet switch, that are pressed when the bonnet and doors are closed, i dont think i transferred these onto my mk when i removed the alarm, ooops :( I thought the alarm would just ignore these f they werent connected though?

Jon_nova1
29-01-10, 09:07 PM
i don't mean the earth for the alarm

the alarm will have multiple sensors, pin sensors, door sensors, bonnet sensors.

from what your saying your sensors appear to work on a live feed, so when everything active and closed a live feed runs through the sensors? if this is the case you should have two wires going to each sensor, two going to the bonnet for example, if there is no live feed the alarm goes off, if you connected the two wires to each other (both that go to the bonnet for example) this would bypass the bonnet sensor in effect

usually sensors work on a negative trigger which has one wire, when this wire is earthed the alarm sounds, with this setup the alarm would assume its still there as the signal its sending out isn't being earthed

brainsnova
29-01-10, 09:24 PM
pistols in the doors, who needs an alarm :D

andy_017
29-01-10, 09:50 PM
Cheers for that jon that helps me understand it a bit better,so at the minute the wires for the door sensors and bonnet sensor will not be earther so they will trigger the alarm,wereas if I joined these wires together they would make a circuit and the alarm wouldn't be triggered by these?

So basically I need to find out which colours are for the door sensors and bonnet sensor and join the two wires together for each sensor?

Cheers

Jon_nova1
30-01-10, 12:00 AM
yes, or you may be able to get away with putting a live to sensor wire, it just depends on how the system works