PDA

View Full Version : Bolt dropped in gearbox?

Nobby
29-01-10, 05:43 PM
As above i pulled my speedo out and the bolt was in the hole in the plastic but i then lost it? i dont know if it went in the speedo hole in the box? would it just drop to the bottom? as ive pulled off a couple of times and its felt like the brakes were locked on but im scared the bolts jamming up my gearbox as such lol any help advice appreciated?

General Lee
29-01-10, 05:50 PM
Get one of those telescopic magnet pens they are life savers. A Rogue bolt isn't good anywhere tbh.

napalm_27
29-01-10, 05:52 PM
its locking up the diff take the diff plate off and see if you can get it out of there with a magnet. dont try and drive it ffs!

George g
29-01-10, 05:53 PM
You have a loose bolt your gearbox? I would take the diff cover off ASAP and attempt to find it, can you imagine the damage it would do if you were at full chat in top gear! Other than lock your wheels leaving little or no control, kill the box and kill the bottom end of your engine but it could kill you also...

mowgli
29-01-10, 08:25 PM
get a drain pan & then get the diff plate off.. then have one wheel up in the air & turn that wheel backwards & forwards. if there is a bolt in there, it should drop out

nova_saloon
29-01-10, 08:45 PM
lol your so brave to even drive the thing after such a sin! yeh take apart inspect! this is not goodl. very dangerous, after draining the fluid and taking off the diff plate get a strong magnet and get it thougt the oil and see what you pick up. Depending on how often the fluid has been changed will depend on how much you may find, but find any chunks just cry! the possibly buy a new one

JordyzNova
30-01-10, 12:12 PM
im not sure tbh if it has dropped in the box? its just a maybe ive been driving it for the last 2 days lol might just drop that plate off and see what happens will i need a new seal?

SR-Rally
30-01-10, 02:03 PM
Same happened to me. Although irmt was the garage that dropped the bolt in :s on the way home the diff sent the bolt flying through the bottom diff cover