PDA

View Full Version : vibrating!!!!!!

shanehandley
03-04-03, 09:27 PM
ive just fiited a peco bb4 exhaust to me girlfriends car and it vibrates on the bumper what can be done about this?

its a ordinary mk2 nova back bumper?

any help would be great

djp_y2k
03-04-03, 09:50 PM
Is the exhaust made for the Mk2 or Mk1?

shanehandley
03-04-03, 10:03 PM
dont have a clue got it second it sticks out at a angle!

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 10:19 PM
get a bigger rubber block at the back so it sits lower and further away from the bumper..........

shanehandley
03-04-03, 10:32 PM
where would you get one of those rubber from and can u get bigger

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 10:37 PM
anyone that supplies or fits exhausts

halfords part counter anything like that.

demon tweeks and larkspeed do "uprated" ones but be prepared to pay the price at them!!!

Paul
03-04-03, 11:02 PM
Or just cut away a bit of your bumper with a hacksaw that its vibrating against?

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 11:12 PM
Or just cut away a bit of your bumper with a hacksaw that its vibrating against?

:o lovely, big cut outs for exhausts, dont do it, they always look bodged cos u never cut them straight even for want of trying!

Paul
03-04-03, 11:14 PM
Maybe a nice cylindrical object and then mark out in pencil and cut. i.e. a glass or cup? Just suggeusting.

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 11:16 PM
Maybe a nice cylindrical object and then mark out in pencil and cut. i.e. a glass or cup? Just suggeusting.

nah didnt mean to offend mate

it is a good idea, and can look smart

esp. if u put the alloy plate around it also.

but ive seen many a bodged square cut out the bumper :lol:

Paul
03-04-03, 11:19 PM
Personally, I can't see the point in spoending ?15+ on some rubber hanger thing, which does exactly the same job as a hacksaw, when that could fill up over half a tank of petrol or something. It just seems a complete waste of money to me. However, I agrre some do look shite unless done well.

novaexplod
09-04-03, 11:46 PM
my mate nicked himself a clamp for his big fore and screwed it to the underneath of his car so the exhaust cudnt even move he just locked the stem bit that joins the muffler to the box. 8)

ade
10-04-03, 10:33 AM
why not just use tie wraps?

I dont like them usually (like for holding yer springs in!), but all I did on my magnex zorst which sat too high for my GTE modded splitter was run some through the lowest setting on the original rubber support, then loop them and loop more threough that then onto the arm of the exhaust (that used to sit in the rubber) - so it looks like a figure 8. You can then set the height of the zorst bu adjusting the tiewraps.

Solid

Ade

Chris LR
10-04-03, 01:21 PM
The problem with cutting bumpers is that it vibrates so much while your trying to cut em.....

Best way (i've been told) is to take it off and use a very hot thing to cut thru... If that doesn't work buy one of those tacky alloy plates (self-adhesive) and slap that on to cover up your mistake.

mikeoxford
10-04-03, 06:05 PM
why not just use tie wraps?

I dont like them usually (like for holding yer springs in!), but all I did on my magnex zorst which sat too high for my GTE modded splitter was run some through the lowest setting on the original rubber support, then loop them and loop more threough that then onto the arm of the exhaust (that used to sit in the rubber) - so it looks like a figure 8. You can then set the height of the zorst bu adjusting the tiewraps.

Solid

Ade

problem with tie wraps im guessing is the tail pipe of the exhaust will waggle around more than it should? as the rubber blocks are pretty solid

ade
10-04-03, 11:03 PM
strangley it doesnt. Mine sits in the arch on the GTE modded splitter I have. The tie wraps have been pulled tight so the bottom metal arm on the exhaust if on the bottom of the rubber block (right at the bottom) - it only beeded dropping about 10mm

Solid