PDA

View Full Version : Royal fail (where do we stand, whatdo we do)

djbrowney
28-01-10, 05:02 PM
Early november greame dixion bough a billet flywheel and arp fly wheel bolts from me. He sent me cash recorded delivery.

I posted them standard parcel with insurace upto £100. But they never arrived.

Early december i put in a claim to royal mail but recived a letter back saying they wont give me anything back because i didnt have any proff of purcase.

so early january i send them a letter back with a print screne conversation between me and greame dixion saying he will 'send me £130 special delivery'

today i recived a letter saying there sticking with there orginal decision.

so what they are saying is they have now polisy when item are bought by cash wtf

now what do it do ??? :thumb:

Ste L
28-01-10, 05:07 PM
proof of purchase shouldnt matter, if its recorded delivery, and you've still got proof of postage, they SHOULD give you the insurance money etc

mowgli
28-01-10, 05:09 PM
didn't you ask for & keep a receipt??

if no, then you are screwed i'm afraid.

Edd
28-01-10, 05:12 PM
just had to refund someone on here for a brand new sr rear spoiler.

got the receipt when to post office to claim and got told that there was a computer error that day and they cannot trace the parcel, or process a claim.

now got to wait for someone to ring me back, been waiting about ten days now.

ROYAL FAIL.

mayhem
28-01-10, 05:17 PM
royal fail indeed... still waiting for money posted to me by greame dixon, and my xmas card from cooltiger...
greame sorted it great btw, he payed me again ( paypal this time) and i supplied an extra cluster :)

General Baxter
28-01-10, 05:18 PM
welcome to my world,

iv started to vandel there trucks at work lol

im still trying to clame for your spoiler, which they say, 'was never in the system'

djbrowney
28-01-10, 05:19 PM
it wasnt posted recored because i trust greame and no he wuldnt say he didnt recive it if he did. The recipt was sent with the claim for like they ask for. but i did take a photocopy !

djbrowney
28-01-10, 05:20 PM
i asked for there manager on the phone and they said he wasnt about but would ring me back by 5 surprise surprise they didnt !

MK999
28-01-10, 05:21 PM
Had similar recently, tried to claim for parts I sent to K reg nova/lewi and they've said the address used isn't valid, but it came up on whatever computer they checked before taking the parcel off me :roll:

edit: the proof of purchase is for the value you're claiming, and the way it works is what you paid for the item, not what you sold it for. So basically screw them over for retail price if you bought them new.

djbrowney
28-01-10, 05:24 PM
i said you them it was £300 ish new and he payed £130 hense the reason i only dont £100 insurace

MK999
28-01-10, 05:26 PM
i said you them it was £300 ish new and he payed £130 hense the reason i only dont £100 insurace

If you had proof of purchase for the £300 then I don't see what their issue is, I'd probably want to pay up quick before you found a legal loophole for the other £200 lol

djbrowney
28-01-10, 05:34 PM
i am think of getting the legals on it becuase i am F U C K E D of by being mugged of !!!

mowgli
28-01-10, 05:44 PM
this is the organisation which last year opened a wedding rsvp & returned it to me after investigation because the missus put one of our 1st class christmas stamps that was left over on it.... apparently the stamps had gone up in price, but the one we sent had got 1st class & not the price on it...

so, somebody spent some hours investigating & then returning it to us at god knows what cost for the perceived shortfall of
3 sodding pence

phazer
28-01-10, 06:09 PM
this is the organisation which last year opened a wedding rsvp & returned it to me after investigation because the missus put one of our 1st class christmas stamps that was left over on it.... apparently the stamps had gone up in price, but the one we sent had got 1st class & not the price on it...

so, somebody spent some hours investigating & then returning it to us at god knows what cost for the perceived shortfall of
3 sodding pence

Epic business sense.

let_nova
28-01-10, 06:13 PM
browney, whats going on with the spelling tonight?

Jack
28-01-10, 07:13 PM
Do you have the original receipt from when YOU purchased the goods?

Mike
28-01-10, 07:16 PM
Exactly the reason i use couriers as much as possible!

On first name terms with our local DHL driver now :)

Graeme
28-01-10, 07:40 PM
I feel this is bad karma coming back to get, due to me aquiring a couple of postie bikes as a kid lol

SRimon
28-01-10, 07:46 PM
I used to work in the claims department...

One thing I learned - send everything recorded over about a tenners worth.

Recorded delivery is also bollocks - its 1st class post, not worth the extra IMO.

Couriers all the way FTMFW!

mr5050
28-01-10, 09:57 PM
i done a job in east london last year at the old royal mail depot, i went for a wonder and found a parking lot with about 20 containers all full of old oppened rotten parcels. there was a windsurf board. a ten foot bird cage, clothes, everything. thats where all your gears gone lads!

djbrowney
29-01-10, 08:08 AM
all i want is some advice on how to try and get greame his money back, not every one elses experince's. i no royal fail are ****ing usless i dont need telling !!!

all very well no saying always do recorded but it's done now and i want to do something about it, jack if you read the thread properley you would see i had to send the recipt of with the claim form (but i still have a photocopy) !!!

mowgli
29-01-10, 08:16 AM
tell someone at royal mail that you want to go thru the courts to recover your goods/money, as they took your parcel & then failed in their contracted duty to deliver the goods, then ask for all the names and addresses of the people you talk to so they can be named in the summons, as they have all conspired to defraud you of your goods & money. if that doesn't rattle them into action, you may as well give up

djbrowney
29-01-10, 08:19 AM
cheers buddy

rubachuk
29-01-10, 09:18 AM
I used to work in the claims department...... send everything recorded......... Recorded delivery is also bollocks
lol

djbrowney
03-03-10, 05:14 PM
where do i stand now, they are saying there not going to give me the money for the lost item because greame dosnt have the recipt which he sent the cash recorded delivery to me 5 months ago, surley they cant do this !

bmw156
03-03-10, 05:50 PM
tis a bit **** lol.

did you buy the stuff new? if so from a company. they should have your original order somewhere, and you could probably obtain a copy. from them. they should be holding documents for 7 years. so theres your purchase issue sorted.

and as for greame's recipt, royal mail should have it on their system, that a letter/packet was sent from A to B. since it was recorded. and i suspect they have to hold that for 7 years as well.

they are coonts

mowgli
03-03-10, 06:48 PM
send the chief executive an invoice direct & send a copy to a couple of leading newspapers....then see how quick the money turns up

raymond
03-03-10, 08:16 PM
They get that much bad publicity i really dont think the papers would work tbh

i know i work for them lol

djbrowney
03-03-10, 10:45 PM
so how do i get the money from them ???

CoolTiger
03-03-10, 11:00 PM
royal fail indeed... still waiting for money posted to me by greame dixon, and my xmas card from cooltiger...
greame sorted it great btw, he payed me again ( paypal this time) and i supplied an extra cluster :)still havent got that? lol can get another one sent out if u like ?