did they stop lorrys from doing it?

what about cars ect: ?

Plug
28-01-10, 08:08 AM
why what you planning baxter.

Im in if the fuel prices go down.

bazil
28-01-10, 10:02 AM
The last big blockade up here was at Grangemouth refinary a good few years ago, I knew a guy who was there and his gaffers who owned the lorrys were " politly" warned by the police that there operators licence would be suspended or revoked if they did not disperse, That is far worse for them than fuel costs, then a few months later VOSA and the HSE done an audit on the company out of the blue, apparently,

Stuart
28-01-10, 10:05 AM
I do believe blockading fuel depots can now be procesutable under the anti terror laws.... wonderful set of laws to do what they like :(

Jack
28-01-10, 10:57 AM
Fuel protests and blockades are totally pointless. In fact they play into the oil companies' hands as they turn into a self fulfilling prophecy (see: 2005 planned blockades which never actually came to fruition, yet many many forecourts ran dry as people panic purchased fuel)

The facebook groups about targetting one particular supplier is crap, especially the one about Tesco. I recall reading somewhere they sell fuel at either a very very small profit (possibly even a loss at times) as they make the money on other aspects of their business.

The only way to stop paying so much is to stop using your car, harsh but true. When demand for oil reduces, the price will tumble. If we hadn't just had the cold snap, I would say oil prices would be about $5-10 a barrel less than they currently are.

Edd
28-01-10, 11:04 AM
full prices have gone up again tho, but havnt been in the news much.

Goverment take the piss with fuel tax.

Ben
28-01-10, 12:04 PM
Fuel is cheap here, well diesel is petrol is uber expensive!

Stuart
28-01-10, 12:22 PM
as much as I loathe to say it, if you dropped the tax on fuel, the money would only have to come from somewhere else... I'd love to see the prices back down again but the barrel price has very little to do with it anymore. to save me money the tax would have to go on fags and poundshops where sumbags shop lol

The Simps
28-01-10, 01:02 PM
Get a hybrid.

draper
28-01-10, 01:23 PM
as stuart said, the monies is needed

what with the whole bank bailouts, the money lost in iceland, the war, the huge dole bill etc etc etc the country is spending more than it gets in - a huge reshuffle is needed, funds diverted to the actual needy. the government must just see a deficiet and go 'i know, a penny on fuel that will keep us going a few extra months'

the future looks bleak for this country imho

Jack
28-01-10, 03:04 PM
I'd love to see the prices back down again but the barrel price has very little to do with it anymore
True. Yet the pump price still goes up whislt VAT and duty remain fixed (you're telling me a 2p rise in duty last September and a 2.5% increase in Jan this year caused the pump price to rise by 10%?) - so that leaves either the distributor/reseller or the source supplier as pushing the price up. I can't see forecourts pushing the price up all together at the same time to make profits, so that only leaves one culprit...

mowgli
28-01-10, 03:32 PM
being old enough to remember the last fuel blockade.... it worked because it was spontaneous... there was nothing organised, it just sort of happened..

they tried an organised one & it failed because the farmers in the convoy hadn't found out the law concerning tractors travelling on the motorway
, ie: correct road fund licence, running on derv, minimum average speed of 30mph, etc...... so the police shut it down just as soon as it reached the A1M.

baxter. . kingsbury doesn't handle that much fuel you know......

Hayley
28-01-10, 03:40 PM
Everyone should just go buy a scooter.. only costs about £10 to fill it and will run for 10000000 miles on one tank (give or take a few hundred miles) lol

phazer
28-01-10, 03:47 PM
Everyone should just go buy a scooter.. only costs about £10 to fill it and will run for 10000000 miles on one tank (give or take a few hundred miles) lol

For the love of God, noooooooooooooooo

There's enough of those bloody things about as it is.

Jack
28-01-10, 03:52 PM
Scooter? Pfft. Motorbike yes. Scootay no lol

Hayley
28-01-10, 03:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1_P2s0EYgZ4/SJtXeyaOOFI/AAAAAAAABVU/6goeRqG08EU/s400/pimped+

But they can look sooo cool. lol

Jack
28-01-10, 04:00 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2009/4/21/1240307015871/Tron-001.jpg

Stuart
28-01-10, 04:49 PM
True. Yet the pump price still goes up whislt VAT and duty remain fixed (you're telling me a 2p rise in duty last September and a 2.5% increase in Jan this year caused the pump price to rise by 10%?) - so that leaves either the distributor/reseller or the source supplier as pushing the price up. I can't see forecourts pushing the price up all together at the same time to make profits, so that only leaves one culprit...

note when the barrel price drops a lot we dont see any of it... even with the alleged 3month lead time between barrel buy and pump (the second the barrel goes up the pump price will go up, but not the other way round)

reducing tax on fuel would have a faster effect, but as said the money would still need to be milked from somewhere else :(

Edd
28-01-10, 04:59 PM
drop fuel tax, send back 1000's of eastern europeans draining millions in benifits, no need to compensate by raising other taxes, job done.

mowgli
28-01-10, 05:01 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2009/4/21/1240307015871/Tron-001.jpg

cough cough

http://www.moosejawpr.com/images/tron.jpg

Stuart
28-01-10, 05:02 PM
drop fuel tax, send back 1000's of eastern europeans draining millions in benifits, no need to compensate by raising other taxes, job done.

more like send the thousands of dole scum "uk born + bred" lazy *******s to poland and keep the hard working polish here

Mike
28-01-10, 05:11 PM
more like send the thousands of dole scum "uk born + bred" lazy *******s to poland and keep the hard working polish here

That is very true!

Britains are lazy *******s who wont work doing something that is "beneath them" like refuse collection!

Where as Polish people dont give a fcuk, theyll do anything for little monies YET there still better off compared to the very little money they earn back home but work ten times harder then any UK born fat fcuk.

Stuart
28-01-10, 05:13 PM
I discovered that some scumbags I know get a "housing alowance" of £1K a month.... this they can do with what they like, ie rent a place for £500 a month and keep the rest to **** up the wall!!!!! FFS the social should only pay out the rent payment and thats it!

Edd
28-01-10, 05:20 PM
Round the corner from me Polish family have just moved in, bout two weeks ago, openly have said they just came for the benifits.

Came over here, house provided straight away, signed on the dole, child benifit, (four kids) council tax paid, housing benifit etc.

IMO that is not right.

Stuart
28-01-10, 05:25 PM
I'd guess that was more the exception than the rule with the polskis.

the number of shops etc opening up selling polish goods, the number of polish builders/tradesmen/engieers around my way is hoooooj. V few seem to be on the dole, unlike lots of waster brits

General Baxter
28-01-10, 05:26 PM
how can law on fuel block turn into ****ing poles lol

General Baxter
28-01-10, 05:27 PM
I'd guess that was more the exception than the rule with the polskis.

the number of shops etc opening up selling polish goods, the number of polish builders/tradesmen/engieers around my way is hoooooj. V few seem to be on the dole, unlike lots of waster brits

come to birmingham and cov, all the ladies have funny face masks on like ninja's :thumb:

Stuart
28-01-10, 05:28 PM
come to birmingham and cov, all the ladies have funny face masks on like ninja's :thumb:

they arent polish :p

no ninjas here :d

Andy
28-01-10, 05:30 PM
a self fulfilling prophecy.
Totally irrelevent to this thread but meh
Just made me FLOL when i read that as it reminded me when sloth called Stuart or Lee a "self fulfilling prophet" lol lol lol lol

mowgli
28-01-10, 05:40 PM
how can law on fuel block turn into ****ing poles lol

amen to that......

the difference with the poles is that they saw the opportunity to work & leapt at it, the brits also saw the opportunity but didn't leap..............

Andy
28-01-10, 05:49 PM
amen to that......

the difference with the poles is that they saw the opportunity to work & leapt at it, the brits also saw the opportunity but didn't leap..............
No,instead they lit another reefer and turned up the volume on Jeremy Kyle...