PDA

View Full Version : Group Buys??

C2VXL
27-01-10, 11:58 PM
Lately i've been buying bits here and there and still have plenty of other things to buy....and i'm sure others are in the same boat.

Do group buys ever happen on the more popular items...could do with a little saving here and there lol

I'm still new so these may happen all the time, just not noticed them.

Cheers people,

Owen.:thumb:

wwmnw
27-01-10, 11:59 PM
Yes.

C2VXL
28-01-10, 12:03 AM
Ok.

Is there any happening just now or in the pipeline?

sparkie1401
28-01-10, 12:06 AM
Gb can be hard work cos every one who is in is then out etc etc , if you want it you have to chase it, pm those who say im in, keep people on their toes etc until its a done deal

ive just doen a heated screen one, it was hard work, but a succesful GB none the less

(PM'D)

C2VXL
28-01-10, 12:09 AM
Ye i could imagine. Well like i said i'm always up for a good deal...even when i don't really need the item for sale.

Pm replied mate.

Thanks.

Jack
28-01-10, 12:21 AM
If there's anything specific you have in mind, feel free to look into organizing one.

C2VXL
28-01-10, 12:26 AM
Well things i'm looking to buy over the next two months are
-Poly Windows
-Poly Bushes
-Quick Rack
-Panels
That's all i can think of just now...the rest wouldn't be suitable for group buys. I'm sure there is plenty other things that could be covered.

I'm still new so ME setting up a group buy - i'd probably encounter trust issues.

Thanks.

wwmnw
28-01-10, 12:34 AM
You could probably buy poly windows second hand for cheap, or just go to Airdale race components.

djbrowney
28-01-10, 12:36 AM
i will be making some templates for windows soon so maybe be able to organise a gb !

polly bushes are peants to start with lol

C2VXL
28-01-10, 12:37 AM
djbrowney - your gonna become my answer to all my problems :)

djbrowney
28-01-10, 12:39 AM
i hope not i hate being an agony aunt lol

sparkie1401
28-01-10, 12:45 AM
i may, thats may require a Quick rack

DJ browney for PM lol

Nova_Tek
28-01-10, 12:48 AM
Well things i'm looking to buy over the next two months are
-Poly Windows
-Poly Bushes
-Quick Rack
-Panels
That's all i can think of just now...the rest wouldn't be suitable for group buys. I'm sure there is plenty other things that could be covered.

I'm still new so ME setting up a group buy - i'd probably encounter trust issues.

Thanks.

If you're after polybushes then go to rallydesign. Well affordable and a good few people have the same items fitted to their Novas. I bought a full set front and rear bushes that should be arriving tomorrow for £48 all in.

No need for a group buy there ;) :thumb:

C2VXL
28-01-10, 01:05 AM
A quick rack GB would get a lot of interest i would of thought.

£48 for a full set of poly bushes....surely theres a catch?

Nova_Tek
28-01-10, 01:14 AM
The only catch is they need fitting lol

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=533_741_759&products_id=5123

I can let you know for sure as I will be getting them delivered tomorrow.

Iain
28-01-10, 09:14 AM
Yep the poly bushes from RallyDesign are good quality and are great for the money.

I've heard Quaife are reluctant to offer discounts for multiple purchases (quickrack) but would be worth an ask.

Polycarbs, maybe see if ACW Motorsport Plastics would be interested in a group buy, as I recently purchased some of these and they are excellent quality.

Hope that helps. :)

Plug
28-01-10, 09:19 AM
eccentric top mounts and quick rack i would be interested in.

Stuart
28-01-10, 10:03 AM
GB's dont tend to work on here as every man and his dog say they will go in for it and when it comes to money/times people "vanish"

no idea why but thats the way it goes.

If you manage to set something up then usually the point of sale is with a seller/manufacturer so there is no trust issue other than with that person and not a forum member.

mayhem
28-01-10, 02:48 PM
quickrack is about 150 euro, not much you can hassle off of that imo.

i want a LSD diff groupbuy ;)