PDA

View Full Version : corsa engine

mk1dave
27-01-10, 07:53 PM
I am in the process of building a rallycar from a 1.0 shell, I have'nt got a engine yet but looking at getting a 1.4 from a corsa as there are 2 for sale near where i live, 1 is a 8v engine and the other a 16v just wanting peoples thoughts on the best engine to go with, and will these engines drop straight into the nova or will there need to be modification.

daverobson
27-01-10, 08:12 PM
yes they will fit on standerd mounts, but they will be injection so you will need, inj. tank and fuel lines, and is the 8v spi or not? and also depends on you budget.

SR-Rally
27-01-10, 08:15 PM
whats rallys are you planning on doing?

mk1dave
27-01-10, 08:41 PM
I am gonna change the tank and all the rest of it, not sure if the engine is 8v spi or not i am gonna speak to the guy tomorrow, the budget is not really an issue so would the 16v route be better? do i need the wiring loom from the corsa? i have a nova 1.3 loom in my attic.

SR-Rally
27-01-10, 09:21 PM
You will need the engine loom to go with engine and ecu. What suspention are you using? And LSD?

mk1dave
27-01-10, 09:38 PM
Not sure wot suspension I am gonna use or LSD any susgestions? the shell is not sprayed yet should be in the next couple of months though, so i am only starting to think about these things.

SR-Rally
27-01-10, 09:42 PM
I've got billie suspention. It's good and not to expensive. The LSD harry hockley told me to get in my 8v was a zf 45 and I find it brilliant. Martin a friend mine uses zf90 diff in hiss 1400 16v stage nova. Id consentrate on suspention roll cage etc as a priority engine is the last part :)

jimbob-mcgrew
28-01-10, 04:12 PM
if the 8v's spi its probably not worth it, it wont be much be faster than your 1.0 lol.
if time/moneys no thing, go for the 16v anyway.
i think youll need a 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.6 front engine mount, the 1.0's different to norm apparenlty, other 2 should be ok - standard smallblock dimensions :thumb:

plenty of 1.2 carbs kicking about, some people dont even want them and will gladly give them away, in a stripped out shell, they rev prety well, would do you nicely as a start for your rally wagon and means u dont need to faf about changing petrol tanks too.

AlexW
28-01-10, 06:41 PM
^ You would need to somthing about the tank as the 1.0's dont have a return.

Im not biast or nothing but a 16v is a great idea, easy to tune (You could see massive gains for not much money), Theres a guide written by me in the article section. Take it as a rough guide.

Dirtydog1
28-01-10, 06:51 PM
I am gonna change the tank and all the rest of it, not sure if the engine is 8v spi or not i am gonna speak to the guy tomorrow, the budget is not really an issue so would the 16v route be better? do i need the wiring loom from the corsa? i have a nova 1.3 loom in my attic.

can i buy your loom and dizzy thats in your attic? lol

sri888
28-01-10, 06:57 PM
to save changin the the 1 litre tank...... is thier anyway off fitting a return ? i notice on sme tank's the return goes back into the swirl pot inside the tank.