PDA

View Full Version : Headlining saloon - hatchback

General Lee
27-01-10, 12:07 PM
Didn't really know what section to put this in.
So please move if neccesary.

I have been looking for 2dr saloon headlining for nearly a year now, no joy, as soon as i find one, they try to get it out and it's either past it, or not removeable without tearing it. Thanks for trying tho for those people. So i need to broaden my search!

Hatchback and saloon headling they must be very similar at the front going round the doors, to the b pillar, but it must differ at the back obviously because the rear windows are different sizes, but how different?

Would it be possible for hatch headling to reach all of the relevant places in the saloon. or at least be close enough to do something with. I know the best way is to try it but, i just wanted to ask if anybody has tryed it before.

Thanks
Nath :thumb:

db_1.2
27-01-10, 12:20 PM
I thought it would of been the same. When i read an old article whoever wrote it said, ''the nova saloon is just a hatchback with a boot welded on'' or something along those lines.

So, surely at least the top of the window should be the same as a hatch. Im guessing you havnt tried a hatch one yet?

novacabrio
27-01-10, 12:52 PM
Get one made?

L14MNP
27-01-10, 01:03 PM
The saloon is the same as the hatch only up to the B pillars so says Cptn Jack. Maybe the roof skin is the same though?

Measure a hatch and a 2dr. Or as Cabbyman says, get one made. I have 7/8 metres of lovely black alcantara here if you want?
Beats that vinyly crap no question. lol

db_1.2
27-01-10, 01:15 PM
Yeh vinyl is crap, i got some crappy faux leather once

General Lee
27-01-10, 01:19 PM
Get one made?

How much am i looking at? Roughly?

It's not a mint car so spending big money on it is pointless.

L14MNP
27-01-10, 01:20 PM
I'd guess about £300. Depends where you go.

Or recover your own if you're not that bothered. Do you have one at present that could be used as atemplate/backing?

General Lee
27-01-10, 01:36 PM
No nothing, i could just retrim the big parts i suppose, But 300 i could get some tasty webbers for that.

L14MNP
27-01-10, 01:39 PM
Just collect the paper for a couple of weeks and cover the ceiling in t!ts. Job done and monies for carbs. :)

Jack
27-01-10, 01:45 PM
The saloon is the same as the hatch only up to the B pillars so says Cptn Jack. Maybe the roof skin is the same though?
2dr roof skin is shorter. A 3dr skin would fit in terms of length - as it would be longer than a saloon one, so you just chop off what you don't need - but the C pillar sections won't match up as 3dr windows are longer.

MK999
27-01-10, 02:01 PM
Can come take the one out of mine in whatever careful fashion you like :thumb:

General Lee
27-01-10, 02:04 PM
So in all the 3 dr hatch headlining would fit, just not the c pillar.

I think i can live with that, just cut in line with the top of the rear windows and cover the b and c pillar in another kind of fabric, do you think the holes for the rods would line up on it too.

General Lee
27-01-10, 02:05 PM
Can come take the one out of mine in whatever careful fashion you like :thumb:

I would love too, in the mk2 you mean.

MK999
27-01-10, 03:20 PM
I would love too, in the mk2 you mean.

Yeah, it's actually pretty nice tbh, was probably the best condition part of the carlol

Drop us a PM and we'll sort something out.