PDA

View Full Version : HIDs

Nova_Tek
27-01-10, 12:04 AM
There's been loads of discussions about what HIDs are best etc and now that I've actually witnessed it first hand and I'm impressed.

My bro had fitted some HIDs, I've seen them in action and used the car and I have to say that they are brilliant.

It's not clearly evident from the photos (I was using my phone camera so couldn't get a clear shot due to the light glow) but when driving and when parked facing a wall the light pattern is very visible and quite well defined on this particular system (will try get the brand name)

So far no one has flashed him and they don't dazzle anyone. They are in MK3 Cav headlamps and I'm actually quite surprised how well they've come out. I will deffinately be investing in a set of them, they are 6000k.

As you can see from the left beam, to the left of the pic the light pattern is visible and does look very similar to the light pattern created by halogen bulbs. Again the camera was a bit overwhelmed by the light so the outer areas aren't as defined in the pic. (Excuse the right hand beam, there was something blocking the headlamp hence why it came out like that, both beams are actually like the left hand beam)
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5739/25012010288.jpg

Just thought I'd share :thumb:

Edd
27-01-10, 12:08 AM
What make of kit did he get ?

Link ?

Iv been looking at sets too.

Nova_Tek
27-01-10, 12:10 AM
Off ebay mate from a UK seller and IIRC they are also 'E' marked. Some systems have halogen main beam and HID dipped but these are HID both dipped and main.

Will try to get the seller or the actual brand name/model.

Jack
27-01-10, 01:58 PM
They won't, or shouldn't, be E-Marked - as the whole headlamp unit, including burner, has to be approved as a complete item.

When you say HID low and high, are they ones with rotating shields to direct the beam?

Doesn't matter what brand you get btw, they're all the same thing. I've bought cheap sets from ebay which were (almost) exactly the same as the more expensive UK kits.

Nova_Tek
27-01-10, 04:59 PM
my bro said that they had an 'e' mark, so I am going according to that. They are the ones with the solenoid that pushes out hi beam. I have seen a couple mates that have fitted HIDs and this set looks to be much beter.