PDA

View Full Version : Nova GTE Engine Problem

Floydsters1
03-04-03, 09:25 AM
Can any1 tell me why my car has suddenly started to under rev when standing still at about 400-600RPM?

I've just had the timing belt and fan belt changed, and the car came back worse?

The only mods to the engine is K&N Induction kit, FSE Power Boost Valve & a Longlife full system exhaust.

The mechanic showed me that if the fuel hose going into the fuel pump is kinked the engine will return to normal revs.

I think that the fuel pump is on its way out but im not sure, Can any1 Help?

_JH_
03-04-03, 04:59 PM
fan belt changed

if they charged you for a fan belt, get your money back. they dont have fan belts, only alternator drive belts. if thats what you mean then fine.

not trying to be a smart arse, just thought i'd check.

see the similar post for help. couldnt really help without perhaps looking at it

brian
03-04-03, 06:56 PM
"fan belt" is standard a enough name for it and technically there is a "fan" on the pully.
never in all my years have heard anyone call them
alternator drive belts
not being a smart arse.......just saying :!:

Ben (lurk75)
03-04-03, 07:01 PM
got to agree with brian AGAIN.

(i hate smart ass's)

_JH_
03-04-03, 11:57 PM
oh my god what a pair of girls

Ben (lurk75)
04-04-03, 02:57 PM
[quote]oh my god what a pair of girls[quote/]

Say that to my face :evil:

The comment about smart ass's was aimed at Brian as he always seems to post just before me.

Although if i did walk into my garage and ask him to change "the altenator drive belt" he would probably poke me in the eye and say "you been eating the haynes manual again?"

brian
04-04-03, 06:52 PM
why don't you go and play with the traffic lights if you can't take a correction. :evil:
or should i say play with the traffic control device! :roll:

novax
04-04-03, 10:14 PM
Well I call them Alternator belts... :) Anyway back to your thread. Is your FSE valve set up? If not your fuel pressure could be to low, mine runs a bit low sometimes but nothing to worry about. why not just adjust the idle screw, new belts if a bit tight might drag more on the engine. If the idle is stable but a bit low then this is what I'd do.

Ben (lurk75)
05-04-03, 08:51 PM
lmfao

mikeoxford
06-04-03, 04:13 AM
lmfao

its like an epsiode of jerry springer ;)