PDA

View Full Version : Should I/Shouldnt I??

Hayley
26-01-10, 07:15 PM
I need peoples opinions..

Basically, I have been renting a perfectly fine place in the middle of my hometown for 2 years at £550 a month. plus bills etc. I am still managing to put away about £150 - £200 a month into my savings account

My parents are going to France for 6 months and have said that I can move home rent free for that time if I want.. so I could potentially save at least £3000. They said there was no rush me moving out once they get back so it could be a bit more depending on how long we can put up with each other

we have worked out the utilities should be about the same and I would only have to pay an extra £60 a month to put half of my stuff in self storage as it wont fit in their house

I cant decide.. I know its a lot of money I could save but the risk is, that when I have to move out of their place when they get back, I could end up renting somewhere not as nice as where I am now for more money (seeing as the rental market has gone up lately) and it could be a big faff for only 6-9months.

dont know what to do??? :confused:

novacabrio
26-01-10, 07:20 PM
Move back home and save to get your own place or save the money and build a monster Nova

Hayley
26-01-10, 07:25 PM
Move back home and save to get your own place or save the money and build a monster Nova

I will save the money.. and just get Jack to buy me a Nova. :d

draper
26-01-10, 07:27 PM
id go for it, look on it as a means to an end

(even tho i have bad experiences of moving back home, twice lol)

Hayley
26-01-10, 07:30 PM
well my mum did say that if I was still there for a while when they got back, I wasnt allowed the fella over to stay. Im 25 years old!! :roll:

draper
26-01-10, 07:34 PM
well my mum did say that if I was still there for a while when they got back, I wasnt allowed the fella over to stay. Im 25 years old!! :roll:

i was never allowed female's over, unless i slept on the settee and they had my bed - which wasnt going to happen

dannyb
26-01-10, 07:36 PM
Depends on whether you'll mind looking after the garden! Maybe just tell them yes then sub let their house to someone you know (or sub let your current place to save storage costs and re direct your mail)

On a more serious note, I'm in the process of moving 3/4 of a mile away. It's not something I'd like to twice in one year - So much stuff to organise! However, if someone offered me a few grand to do it then...
Is it the building or the area that you'll miss?

mayhem
26-01-10, 07:38 PM
i was never allowed female's over, unless i slept on the settee and they had my bed - which wasnt going to happen

lmfao.. i took a girl home saterdaynight, mom was still awake and i was banging the girl in the room next to mom's :D
she never said a word, and even thrown the condomwrapper in the trash lol

dannyb
26-01-10, 07:45 PM
lmfao.. i took a girl home saterdaynight, mom was still awake and i was banging the girl in the room next to mom's :D

Lol! lol

Hayley
26-01-10, 07:47 PM
On a more serious note, I'm in the process of moving 3/4 of a mile away. It's not something I'd like to twice in one year - So much stuff to organise! However, if someone offered me a few grand to do it then...
Is it the building or the area that you'll miss?

well where im going would be a 5 min walk up the road so its just the building im in now that I would miss. but lots and lots to organise.. even tho its supposdly easier coz im just going home.

Lee
26-01-10, 07:56 PM

lol, thesh dutch boysh are crazshy man!

Hay, difficult decision. IMO 6 months isnt enough for it to be worthwhile. If it was 2 years, the saving would be a hell of a big leg up towards a deposit for a house, especially if you stay on a little longer. As you said, you may end up in a more expensive place afterwards, and the savings you made will be wasted and the whole thing will have been for nothing. Does the benefit outweigh the risk? If it was me, Id be thinking its not.

Although an alternative way of looking at it is you could use the 6 months to find somewhere better and have a nice fat deposit to use. But you might not find it.

If you're weighing up opinions, mines a no lol

Mike
26-01-10, 07:58 PM

Phew, thank fcuk im not the only one then lol

ianglanister
26-01-10, 08:01 PM
id go for it mate, save as much as you can and build a very nice nova. or just keep saving for your own place.

Mike
26-01-10, 08:02 PM
Is it only me thats LOLing with regards to "save loads an build a Nova" lol lol

Lee
26-01-10, 08:03 PM
Is it only me thats LOLing with regards to "save loads an build a Nova" lol lol
I'm not, because it would probably be ME who ends up building it lol

Mike
26-01-10, 08:06 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4s5pmFL_ZlQ/SHdui-f1UQI/AAAAAAAABBg/3bdhOAF98pQ/s320/seroius%2Bfox%2B%2B%2Bmotivational%2Bposter%2Bpost ers%2Binspirational%2Bfunny%2Bdemotivational%2Bhot %2B%2Bhumorous%2Bpictures%2Bimages%2Bgirls%2Bbabes %2Bwww.motivationalpostersonline.blogspot.com%2B%2 B(4).jpg

Unlucky for you mate LOL lol lol

Hayley
26-01-10, 08:11 PM

well wouldnt Jack build it for me... oh no wait a min.. yeah your right! lol

Mike
26-01-10, 08:13 PM
well wouldnt Jack build it for me... oh no wait a min.. yeah your right! lol

LMFAO lol youve got more chance of Serious Fox actually being serious!

Jack
26-01-10, 09:02 PM
I subcontract :d

Hay, difficult decision. IMO 6 months isnt enough for it to be worthwhile. If it was 2 years, the saving would be a hell of a big leg up towards a deposit for a house, especially if you stay on a little longer. As you said, you may end up in a more expensive place afterwards, and the savings you made will be wasted and the whole thing will have been for nothing. Does the benefit outweigh the risk? If it was me, Id be thinking its not.

Although an alternative way of looking at it is you could use the 6 months to find somewhere better and have a nice fat deposit to use. But you might not find it.
The amount saved would be on top of existing savings, and would give her enough to put down a deposit on a house without wiping her out completely - which is why I said yes

I still say do it, even if you end up in a more expensive place you'd probably save money on your heating bill. Plus as well I want summer BBQs in your parents garden :d

sulphur
26-01-10, 09:07 PM
Move in with Jack.

Problem = Solved. :)

Jack
26-01-10, 09:08 PM
:wtf:

sulphur
26-01-10, 09:09 PM
lmfao lol

MattBrown
26-01-10, 09:16 PM

Nice, im soo well impressed:wtf:

My mum would break my jawlol

draper
26-01-10, 09:28 PM
Nice, im soo well impressed:wtf:

My mum would break my jawlol

pics of mum ? i like em fiesty

Hayley
26-01-10, 09:28 PM
Move in with Jack.

Problem = Solved. :)

nah. he smells.

wwmnw
26-01-10, 09:42 PM
nah. he smells.

Actually I can beleive that, I bet he farts alot too.

Jack
26-01-10, 09:54 PM
Actually I can beleive that, I bet he farts alot too.
You know I do :)

Lee
26-01-10, 10:01 PM
Plus as well I want summer BBQs in your parents garden :d

I didnt think of that. I retract my previous statement :)

Jack
26-01-10, 10:15 PM
I do have a garden here for BBQ time, but its so much easier to get very drunk and vomit profusely on someone else's lawn

wwmnw
26-01-10, 10:16 PM
but its so much easier to get very drunk and vomit profusely on someone else's lawn

lollollollol Lee aint inviting you over again.

Jack
26-01-10, 11:04 PM
Lee doesn't have a lawn :d

Hayley
26-01-10, 11:09 PM
If I move home, I shall have to have a PNG stylie BBQ. that way, you lot can look after Jack if he is insisting on being sick on my mums lawn and I can concentrate on getting trashed myself. lol