PDA

View Full Version : what to do....

brake-dust
26-01-10, 10:11 AM
my nova/ track car got vandalised over the week end and as a result has a knackard roof, how hard is it to replace the roof skin? or shall i just re-shell onto another?? my shells not the best any way, will need new arches next year then obviously a blow over, im hopefully buying another shell anyway so may just build another, any thoughts??

Plug
26-01-10, 10:19 AM
reshell it mate

let_nova
26-01-10, 10:37 AM
all depends whether you or someone you know has the skills to do it. a new roof skin can still be bought. they are a pain to fit apparently due to the weld. if the car has sentimental value lol you may want to fix. but if its been vandalised make sure its not going to happen the the next shell.

brake-dust
26-01-10, 11:28 AM
got vandalised cause i upset someone, in a way has sentimental value but tbh that will soon disapear when i have to do the work lol found a nice shell which just needs runnig gear, any one want any bits off a shell? is a base model mk2 flame red..

let_nova
26-01-10, 11:37 AM
doors?

brake-dust
26-01-10, 11:44 AM
passenger one is complete and is a nice door, drivers has a dent near the front and has no window or mech, both solid doors tho

L14MNP
26-01-10, 12:36 PM
What about buying the FG roof skin Fearless was selling? I don't know if you have a cage though. That would save a lot the hassle refitting a standard one!