PDA

View Full Version : brakes, bias pedal box and caliper help

kyl3_l
25-01-10, 09:35 PM
hi just on with building my valver nova and my rear disc conversion has no where for the handbrake, does anyone know if any vauxhalls have calipers with a handbrake in or any other calipers that will do the trick?? the hubs take wheel nuts, what will the conversion be off? astra mk2?

also i am going to be using a bias pedal box with 0.70 and 0.75 resevoiers. i dont know whever to use 2.0 16v brakes or go for 4 pots. i know the pedal feel will be a bit stiff with having no servos so would like to know peoples experience with similar setups. eg pedal feel, best size calipers and discs for front and rear and best pads.

thanks, Kyle

bazil
25-01-10, 09:41 PM
hi just on with building my valver nova and my rear disc conversion has no where for the handbrake, does anyone know if any vauxhalls have calipers with a handbrake in or any other calipers that will do the trick?? the hubs take wheel nuts, what will the conversion be off? astra mk2?

also i am going to be using a bias pedal box with 0.70 and 0.75 resevoiers. i dont know whever to use 2.0 16v brakes or go for 4 pots. i know the pedal feel will be a bit stiff with having no servos so would like to know peoples experience with similar setups. eg pedal feel, best size calipers and discs for front and rear and best pads.

thanks, Kyle

mine failed its motlol
i had to appeal, it was failed for the brake pedal being so stiff and not having vacum assist, i ran 2.0 16v up front and rear with 0.7 and 0.65

srs1
25-01-10, 09:59 PM
i run a double peddle box, hydrolic hand brake, internal brake lines with a bias valve and rear disk conversion.

i just find that you get used to braking different. just need to remember to put your foot down a lot firmer.
i'm going 4 pots myself soon enough, but running xe set up upfront for now.

kyl3_l
25-01-10, 10:18 PM
is there any need for a bias valve if you have a bias pedal box? is there an advantage of running internal lines apart from needing them for rallying? also need a cable for mot!

bazil
25-01-10, 10:28 PM
you can use mk2 astra 16v front and rear with a pedal box and still use cables for handbrake and no you dont use an inline adjuster on a pedal box setup

Benn
25-01-10, 11:06 PM
I have to say don't bother with rear discs.

But you can buy from a dealer the hand break cable guides you can weld on.

SR-Rally
25-01-10, 11:20 PM
I've got willwood fourpots on the front and golf gti back disc conversion, with bias pedal box. Find the set up really good and the brakes are still gradual enough (if that makes sence)

kyl3_l
27-01-10, 07:23 PM
can anyone tel me more about the golf gti rear coversion? i take it they fit on nova hubs? do the calipers have a handbrake lever in them and what sort of golf? mk3?

SR-Rally
27-01-10, 07:35 PM
yes the calipers have a handbrake lever on them you would just ned to get a cable made to fit them or join the nova front part of cable and golf (i think i used passat cables iirc) together on the axel.

kyl3_l
27-01-10, 07:44 PM
thanks, what mk golf gti or does it matter?