PDA

View Full Version : Another Nova Meets Its Death... (Mel's Nova R.I.P)

Anton
02-04-03, 09:34 PM
This is Mel's Nova (seen at last mk meet).

Just had someone go up the arse on the motorway... (notice the back wheel on one of the pics)

3 pics to load...

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=595

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=594

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=593

Another real shame.

Ant

Chris LR
02-04-03, 09:47 PM
Didn't think it was too bad until I saw the N/S/R wheel... ouch :x

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 09:56 PM
:(

all these bad things keep happening, im waiting for my turn

good luck? whats that :roll:

Anton
02-04-03, 09:57 PM
im waiting for my turn

got mine out of the way at new year :|

Chris LR
02-04-03, 10:00 PM
With the Landy I say Bring it on....

Anyone gets in my way BOOM! :twisted:

Mel
02-04-03, 10:04 PM
Didn't think it was too bad until I saw the N/S/R wheel... ouch :x

Lol, it looks worse in real life. them photos dont actually show how bad it is.. the front is perfect, its just the left side thats been crumpled a bit..it will definately be wrote off tho :cry: :cry:

R.I.P Kevin (aka Mel's Nova)

Chris LR
02-04-03, 10:11 PM
Poor Kevin.... have you got any plans for a Kevin II?

Did you get any whiplash etc or did the car take a bit of the impact?

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 10:19 PM

of course she did :twisted: more modding cash

Mel
02-04-03, 10:22 PM
Poor Kevin.... have you got any plans for a Kevin II?

Yeah, Kevin II will be up and about when i find a nova i like..and when the money for the insurance company gets through..

As for injuries...im suffering BAD from whiplash...my mum a little too..and she broke a tendon+blood vessel in her hand..apart from that, a few bruises, but came away fairly unahrmed..more han i can say for Kev :cry:

Chris LR
02-04-03, 10:23 PM
I was just going to come back and add...

Where There's Blame There's A Claim

looking at your injuries I might do some more overtiem and get some proper seats in the Landy - with head rests...... and seat belts....

Snowface
02-04-03, 10:23 PM
another 5-door victim. don't see many about.

Cara
02-04-03, 10:29 PM
shame i know how u feel. just hope it doesnt take as long as my insurance is doing

rallyslag
02-04-03, 10:32 PM
Bit of a shame that, put a new axle on and use it for Autotesting!! :lol:

Off topic but to Chris LR, what sort of landy have you got?

Chris LR
02-04-03, 10:34 PM
S III Lightweight - this could have been done via PM

whitey
02-04-03, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear it! Think in 5-10 years not many Novas at all will be left! :( :cry:

Chris LR
02-04-03, 11:05 PM
In 5-10 years you can get classic insurance on some of em......

Neil.
03-04-03, 12:07 AM
claim for everything and anything! i just hurt my coxsit and i got ?1500, took 9 months but worth the wait!

jatinder
03-04-03, 10:19 AM
claim if u only realy got hurt otherwise it just puts everyone insurance premiums up, well at least your ok thats the main thing

wisewood
03-04-03, 10:47 AM
neil you claimed and got 1500 quid for it - and you dont even know how to spell it :lol: ;)

unlucky mel... should have said something on msn last night.

Tilly
03-04-03, 01:21 PM
shit sorry to see that Mel

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 02:40 PM
claim if u only realy got hurt otherwise it just puts everyone insurance premiums up, well at least your ok thats the main thing

u may as well make use of the insurance and get money out of it..........

we all pay anough anyway so why not bleed them dry :lol:

jatinder
03-04-03, 03:15 PM
true wot i meant to say was u do get a lot of people claiming for useless crap though, mel should claim coz she was hurt as well as her mum. but im just talkin about these nobs that put of insurance premiums up

Nova Modder
03-04-03, 04:02 PM
ahah im one of em... got a whiplash goin thru after a woman tapped my rear bumper lol... not even a mark on the car and that but all 5 of us that was in the car are puttin a claim thru lmao SORTED :p

_JH_
03-04-03, 05:35 PM
Anton - Novaload.net official crash consultant

Anton
03-04-03, 06:32 PM
Anton - Novaload.net official crash consultant

lol :D

Chris LR
03-04-03, 07:15 PM
There are 3 genral rules on insurance...

1. It's over-priced
2. If you make a claim you'll wait a very long time
3. You always lose out finacially after any accident

So when I collided with a nice new vectra I was more than happy to pay ?200 to repair the scratch instead of going thru insurance.

Mel
03-04-03, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone. People keep telling me and my mum that we should claim for the injuries, but i dunno..

As for the car...it will more than likely be wrote off..and a solicitor got in contact with me today, who are gunna be representing me... "whos fault was it" "urm..the woman's that hit me" "ok, it seems a stupid question, but we have to make sure" i have a witness, TESCO insurance know this..and i am waiting for the details from the police about who else was involved before i can contact them again..BUT i have to send my driving license in to them as i passed my test half way through the policy..strange but true..

Thing im more annoyed with tho, is the fact that im insured TPFT, the police wouldnt let us ring our own recovery vehicles, so i had to pay ?103 for the recovery from the motorway to the next town...nice lump sum the driver cost me :evil: :evil: :cry:

Wisewood: lol i was nackered, and i ache like hell, so i wasnt really very talkative :?

R.I.P Kevin :cry:

GTE-RACER
04-04-03, 10:50 AM
Doh..., looks quite bad, R I P Kevin, shame you didn't even get much of a chance 2 start modding him :?

lol....i don't know whats worse, loooosing your baby or having 2 drive a Fiesta around for the next 5/6months till the insurance pays out.....at least your ok :wink:

Mel
04-04-03, 08:27 PM
Doh..., looks quite bad, R I P Kevin, shame you didn't even get much of a chance 2 start modding him :?

lol....i don't know whats worse, loooosing your baby or having 2 drive a Fiesta around for the next 5/6months till the insurance pays out.....at least your ok :wink:

lol, i'd rather drive around in the Ford than anything else...its bad enough loosing kev, but at least i can still drive...until i can find Kevin II :cry:

Chris LR
04-04-03, 08:47 PM
Just out of interest, what is the ford's name?

Mel
04-04-03, 10:13 PM
apart from BOS?! (bunch of siht) :lol: hmm..hadnt really gave a name to it...suits Ellie tho :)

?Marty?
05-04-03, 12:20 AM
Fuck insurance, the moment i'm involved in a crash, i will be making my own claim through the civil courts. Then it'll be up to them to recover any losses from their insurance company themselves.

Though that would still take a while.