PDA

View Full Version : back to work

conad
24-01-10, 10:48 PM
i start back in work tomorrow after 6 weeks on the sick and im NOT looking forward to it... i can see this being 1 of those sleepless nights :(

Jack
24-01-10, 10:50 PM
6 weeks?!

Try 3 1/2 months and counting :(

Hobbit
24-01-10, 10:52 PM
I bet you're fooking bored :(. I am after 12 days.

conad
24-01-10, 10:54 PM
6 weeks?!

but at least you have got the thought of the idea of the alarm goin off in 7 hours

db_1.2
24-01-10, 10:56 PM
6 weeks?!

Howcome youve been off so long?

Im self employed, and the works never really there in January. Tomorrow i shall earn around £20 for about an hour and a half work. Its great when works there, but worrying when not. Ive worked just 1 week this month:(

db_1.2
24-01-10, 10:57 PM
I bet you're fooking bored :(. I am after 12 days.

A weekend is long enough for me!lol

dontliftdrift
24-01-10, 10:57 PM
im bored after 3 days!!!!

conad
24-01-10, 11:00 PM
maybe it a sign that i need to change my proffesion lol

Jack
24-01-10, 11:01 PM
Howcome youve been off so long?
Cancer. lol

db_1.2
24-01-10, 11:13 PM
Cancer. lol

Really??

Jack
24-01-10, 11:15 PM
Yep (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137210)

db_1.2
24-01-10, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear Jack, and sorry if i come across ignorant, Ive only recently started to use the PNG community again. Talk about feeling like an ass! I hope everything went well and continues to go well for you :)

lewisvalver
24-01-10, 11:27 PM
i can never wait to get off work for summer or xmas holidays but after the first week it ends up getting really boring so i look forward to going back,as soon as i start back i cant wait to get off again lol

Jack
24-01-10, 11:28 PM
and sorry if i come across ignorant
Not in the slightest; I'm just quite blunt about it as I don't see the point in pussyfooting around the subject lol

db_1.2
24-01-10, 11:32 PM
Not in the slightest; I'm just quite blunt about it as I don't see the point in pussyfooting around the subject lol

Good on ya:thumb:

draper
24-01-10, 11:44 PM
fcking lol @ RJ/db

i have 4 days off every 4, i get bored especially now im off teh beers and substances lol

Spudly
24-01-10, 11:47 PM
Dont lie Jack youve got aids and dont want anyone to know lol

Im back tomorrow aswell, the only thing im looking forward to is driving there in my V6 veccy, everything else sucks haha!

mowgli
24-01-10, 11:49 PM
i once had 2 1/2 weeks off work because of a car crash... it nearly sent me mad...... daytime telly is mindnumbing... so as soon as i could see straight, i got taxis to the office, and scooted round at work on an office chair. my knee had been bolted back together...

ps. why do so many people hate their jobs??????

db_1.2
24-01-10, 11:59 PM
i once had 2 1/2 weeks off work because of a car crash... it nearly sent me mad...... daytime telly is mindnumbing... so as soon as i could see straight, i got taxis to the office, and scooted round at work on an office chair. my knee had been bolted back together...

Perhaps cus of pay i guess, i used to hate mine untill i started getting paid decent money, now i love my job!

mowgli
25-01-10, 12:06 AM
Perhaps cus of pay i guess, i used to hate mine untill i started getting paid decent money, now i love my job!

and that is????

conad
25-01-10, 12:08 AM
£10.05 an hour aint bad(not brilliant either) its the arseholes i work with thats the problem.

wwmnw
25-01-10, 12:08 AM

As much as I hate my job, being off work is always boring but being there is boring too, I do hate my job too though, although I've applied for a new one, should hear back soon I hope, been in shops too long :cry:

Edit: £10.5p not brilliant? I'm on £6.23 and work 21.5 hours a week, try living on that when there is no overtime conad lol.

mowgli
25-01-10, 12:11 AM
£10.05 an hour aint bad(not brilliant either) its the arseholes i work with thats the problem.

what are you, a proctologist????

conad
25-01-10, 12:14 AM
im a fabricator, and for my trade, that poor.... really poor, but i can work up to 84 hours a week, based on a std 39 hr week and the rest on time and a half or double. a mate of mine (also a fabricator) is on £14 an hour, needless to say im trying to get in his place lol

edit: just got the joke mowgli.... very good

wwmnw
25-01-10, 12:16 AM
To be honest, right now I'd be ecstatic with £10p/h, a mate of mine is always rubbing it in as he earns £12p/h and on weekends can earn £14 and £20+ p/h.

Oh what I would do to go back in time knowing what I know now and sticking in at school :cry: lol

conad
25-01-10, 12:19 AM
To be honest, right now I'd be ecstatic with £10p/h, a mate of mine is always rubbing it in as he earns £12p/h and on weekends can earn £14 and £20+ p/h.

Oh what I would do to go back in time knowing what I know now and sticking in at school :cry: lol

on a bank holiday, if i work, im on £31.50 ph (not that im rubbing it in lol)

sparkie1401
25-01-10, 12:23 AM
ive been off work since december 15th and its nice to be home as im away alot but im ready to go back now

im lucky in the fact i am paid whilst im off, jan/feb is just quiet

wwmnw
25-01-10, 12:23 AM
I knew there was good reason to dislike you conad :cry: lol. Nah I always say, if you work hard and stick at what you do best, then you deserve what you earn. I hate my job but have no skills, and no one will take me on in a skilled job so I cant learn new skills.

So I'm going to join the forces (as soon as I lose weight) go to exotic country's, meet new people, then shoot them.

lewisvalver
25-01-10, 12:25 AM
im on £11.50 an hour on the books as a joiner and thats my basic rate,can earn anything from 500-800 a week if im doing price work,my mate is a fabricator and he comes out with a good wage

sparkie1401
25-01-10, 12:25 AM
I knew there was good reason to dislike you conad :cry: lol. Nah I always say, if you work hard and stick at what you do best, then you deserve what you earn. I hate my job but have no skills, and no one will take me on in a skilled job so I cant learn new skills.

So I'm going to join the forces (as soon as I lose weight) go to exotic country's, meet new people, then shoot them.

Racist lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

wwmnw
25-01-10, 12:27 AM
Racist lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
lol

Now there's an idea, I should play the race card lollol

mowgli
25-01-10, 12:27 AM
believe the army ads.... you'll most likely be painting stones white in a camp in gloucestershire

wwmnw
25-01-10, 12:28 AM
I was thinking more the Marines personally, if I can ever get that fit.

draper
25-01-10, 12:42 AM
my job sucks, making plythene film/bags is boring as hell, shift work has lost its novelty now aswell

the pay/blokes i work with make up for it tho and ill only be here another year, 2 at the most so meh

JShannon
25-01-10, 01:13 AM
lol @ wwmnw. Racist lol

What you were saying about knowing what you know now. I was an electrician(apprentice) and when everything went tits up in the recession, i went to my local college. they put me on a one year university access course for people who had been out of school 3 yrs or more. I now have 3 condtional offers, all based around teaching, for liverpool next year.!

Just to let anyone know, its not really THAT hard to change careers, provided you can afford to work P/T bla bla bla.

Joe:thumb: :thumb:

novaguy08
25-01-10, 07:01 AM
I earn 6.15 an hour doing about 36 (was 57) hours a week with a flat, 3 kids, car, various other bills to pay & my missus isn't at work right now because of baby girl :(

Times are hard for me money wise, just finished emptying the savings account :(

db_1.2
25-01-10, 09:27 AM
and that is????
Im a self employed carpet fitter, my and my step-dad contract for carpet right. On a busy day i take home just over £100, but Januarys slow, so todays around £20 lol. Its all good though, im only 20, so its a good feeling to know i earn the most out of my mates:d

I can earn anything to upto £20 an hour, thats probably what ill earn in an hour today, but thats all ill earn! :(

Jack
25-01-10, 03:33 PM
I enjoy my job, £10ph sitting around watching daytime TV lol

I was thinking more the Marines personally, if I can ever get that fit.
Go into the Navy first, its easier to get into the marines via there. Plus you'll get a feel for the life first.

kc_08
25-01-10, 03:40 PM
god it is boring! being paid for 2 weeks to sit here on my **** and do nothing, and i still have another weeks holiday to use by the end of march, then once its april i have another 4 weeks ?:( i cook for a living! its pants.

wwmnw
25-01-10, 03:42 PM
I enjoy my job, £10ph sitting around watching daytime TV lol

Go into the Navy first, its easier to get into the marines via there. Plus you'll get a feel for the life first.

Does it work that way?

Jack
25-01-10, 03:57 PM
Yep, I know people who move round within each service all the time. Was talking to an ex-marine the other day actually and he'd done all sorts within the Navy bothe before and after doing the marine thing.

I didn't ask what instrument he played though lol

wwmnw
25-01-10, 04:01 PM
lollollol I remember while at school we had the Coldstream Guards come in, and they told us you can change your job every 6 months (I think he said 6 months) anyway, I asked my granddad (he was in the army) and he corrected that, apparently you can request to change your job every 6 months, but have to have a valid reason for it.

mowgli
25-01-10, 05:01 PM
Does it work that way?

probably not, but we get to use loads of gay jokes on you

wwmnw
25-01-10, 05:13 PM
probably not, but we get to use loads of gay jokes on you

Lol don't let me not being in the navy stop you :gay:

mowgli
25-01-10, 05:14 PM
join the army, and feel a man

join the navy and feel several men

jimbob-mcgrew
26-01-10, 04:25 PM
I earn 6.15 an hour doing about 36 (was 57) hours a week with a flat, 3 kids, car, various other bills to pay & my missus isn't at work right now because of baby girl :(

Times are hard for me money wise, just finished emptying the savings account :(

damn.. not cool.
when in trouble, a ratio of 8 tins of tesco value beans to a decent loaf of bread, 2 slices per tin (dont get tesco value bread, itll fcuk your digestive track). rationed over 7 days (double rations on wednesday as a midweek pick-u-up) for about £3.40. if your in super trouble, youve got 12p value noodles u can ration, but trust me, youll get sick of them and develop and unhealthy rage associated with meal times lol

novaguy08
26-01-10, 09:06 PM
damn.. not cool.
when in trouble, a ratio of 8 tins of tesco value beans to a decent loaf of bread, 2 slices per tin (dont get tesco value bread, itll fcuk your digestive track). rationed over 7 days (double rations on wednesday as a midweek pick-u-up) for about £3.40. if your in super trouble, youve got 12p value noodles u can ration, but trust me, youll get sick of them and develop and unhealthy rage associated with meal times lol

lol great way to loose weight, however I have a little mouth to feed that never seems to stop eating!!