PDA

View Full Version : price for twin carbs for 1600???

mark_GSi
02-04-03, 06:12 PM
how much would a complete setup of twin carbs b for a 1.6???

which r best, 40's or 45's???

would u need a new cam?? got a piper 272 in at the mo with pulley 2

thanks

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 06:18 PM
how much would a complete setup of twin carbs b for a 1.6???

which r best, 40's or 45's???

would u need a new cam?? got a piper 272 in at the mo with pulley 2

thanks

40s.

45s are only for large engines.

think about this even though you have twin 40s - 40 is the size of the barrel.

but most people run 30 and 32 mm chokes on 1600s, so in effect they are basically twin "32s" if that makes sense. 40 mm is the maximum diameter u can go upto.

as for cam nope

you can get cams that compliment the carbs etc, but you dont have to have one, any cam will do. they just help performance thats all

as for price

about ?350 for the COMPLETE set

mark_GSi
02-04-03, 06:43 PM
wot u looking at power wise???

where can u pick them up from??

is it hard 2 get um set up right??

1 more thing :roll:

when u get the kit does that include a inlet maifold or does it just bolt on 2 the original???

thanks alot

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 07:34 PM

where can u pick them up from??

is it hard 2 get um set up right??

1 more thing :roll:

when u get the kit does that include a inlet maifold or does it just bolt on 2 the original???

thanks alot

power wise good gains

ive heard upto 25% but id say more like 15%

pick them up second hand on the net, or BRAND NEW :o muchos $$$$$$

hard to set em up right? you need a sychroniser, or you can do it by ear, as the guide on here shows u can set them all up pretty right, but seeing how perfectionistly they do it at velos, u got no chance urself!

as for the kit, it depends what "kit" u r reffering to. u will find people sell whole sets complete with the manifold.

match
03-04-03, 10:52 AM
i bought my twin 40s for ?200 with a pair of k&n's but could not get an inlet manifold second hand anywhere, cost me ?120ish new from demon tweeks, then there was the faset fuel pump and regulator, more ?????'s

all i need to do now is design a throttle linkage that will let me use the standard vauxhall accelerator cable and they will be on at last

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 03:46 PM
all i need to do now is design a throttle linkage that will let me use the standard vauxhall accelerator cable and they will be on at last

u can buy linkage kits for cheap..........

saves the hassle

about ?25

Jim
03-04-03, 07:30 PM

I'm running a 1.6 with twin 40's amongst other mods and I'm running around 160bhp.

Jim

CP
03-04-03, 09:06 PM
Who says you cant fit 45's on a 1.6?

I've seen some ( Tom Lunns rally Nova) - they work OK - came 2nd to Dec Burkes 16V at the Santa Pod N/load day :|

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 09:58 PM
Who says you cant fit 45's on a 1.6?

not saying you cant fit them CP mate, and after all your the guy in the know ;)

just saying its not owrth while. because i doubt you would use 40mm chokes on anything under a 2ltr would you? must be HEAVILY modified if you do, and i mean to extremes surely.

ok ok you could get twin 45s and fit small chokes to them just the same but whats the point?!