PDA

View Full Version : average price nova

rdanny
24-01-10, 07:30 PM
quite fancey another nova in the summer,
what does a unmolested gte or gsi go for nowa days?

would consider a sr
and even a 1.2 as long as it was a mk2 an in decent condition

mowgli
24-01-10, 07:33 PM
quite fancey another nova in the summer,
what does a unmolested gte or gsi go for nowa days?

would consider a sr
and even a 1.2 as long as it was a mk2 an in decent condition

i can't believe i've just seen the words mk2 & decent in the same sentence..........

but back at the thread... what do you class as good??? with no work needed, you could be spending 3k+ or if you are lucky, you could get something useable for £200

Rysee
24-01-10, 07:33 PM
Get looking on Ebay, Pistonheads, and Classfieds here, only way to tell is watch the market for yourself

dontliftdrift
24-01-10, 07:34 PM
mk2's FTW

rdanny
24-01-10, 07:38 PM
mostly looking for no/minimum rot mate with a bit of mot as always buying a fresh car i expect a little work to be needed

prefer the mk2 for front clear indicators/ grill arches etc.

am aware could get a modded (bodykit so on for a few grand but not wanting it all in one go

sulphur
24-01-10, 07:48 PM
'Decent' XE's seem to go around the 1200-1600 mark, but saying that you could pay the same for a std 1.2. As stated above, just watch the market, find one you like and try banter for a price you're happy paying.

Connor
24-01-10, 08:27 PM
mk2's FTL

fixed :thumb:

16v Nova Kev
24-01-10, 08:30 PM
mk2's FTrot

also fixed:thumb:

Connor
24-01-10, 08:32 PM
also fixed:thumb:

REPPPP +1 lol

Jack
24-01-10, 08:38 PM
Have to say I've not seen an "unmolested" and good nick GTE/GSi for sale in a while. Judging by the fact there's been a few 1.2's advertised for ~£2-3k of late, I would expect to see your wallet emptied!

All depends how desperate you are to buy. Hang on long enough, keep an eye on the local rag free ads, and you may be lucky enough to find that £300 granny box.

Don't be too worried about buying a poverty spec one either. It won't cost you THAT much to overhaul it with higher spec interior/engine etc. As long as the body and structure is sound and the price is right, thats what matters.

dontliftdrift
24-01-10, 08:42 PM
just waiting on pete g for some spamming....

rdanny
24-01-10, 08:48 PM
not really desperate at all jack and i'v noticed the 1.2's advertised at daft prices so thought i'd find some opinions on here, wouldnt mind a granny box in good knick hopin its the luxe+ or some model with electric windows,

was there a luxe model with electric mirrors?

thinking if i go for total poverty spec it should be a 2 door saloon they tend to be more rottless less owners and rarely unmolested, but usually a horrid colour

Jack
24-01-10, 09:04 PM
LOL @ horrid colour :P

No UK novas had electric mirrors, but cav mk2 motors will fit. Or you can mod cav mk3 motors. I think the luxe did have E/W though...

Rysee
24-01-10, 09:06 PM
I paid £370 for my B reg loon, they seam to go a lot cheaper. If it was a B reg base hatch it would have been double that

16v Nova Kev
24-01-10, 09:08 PM
my last 3 were 100/60/60 quid

rdanny
24-01-10, 09:34 PM
to double check aftermarket bumpers will fit a saloon same way as a hatch right?

what about skirts are they the same length fit? or too short?

same question with exhaust while im here i assume that would be longer system tho? (from hatch to 2door saloon)

way ahead of myself with those questions im 99% sure the fit but may as well find out now,
and whats the latest reg you can get as iv seen a L reg about a while ago

i'v owned 2 jREG before the 1.2i luxe+ did have electric windows standard alloys etc and much better door trim style than the 1.2 merit i had
but the merit non cat granny box was much faster even with the manual choke and 4 speed box,

i'm not fussy in that respect just really dont like the mk1 steering wheel and interior having been in a few, as above rather avoid any rot and go from there,

1 one was stolen having fitted a few toys to it and the second i sold as i bought another family car

Jack
24-01-10, 09:49 PM
to double check aftermarket bumpers will fit a saloon same way as a hatch right?
Front yes, rear is the same style fitment but obviously longer. There's no aftermarket rear bumper for a saloon either.

what about skirts are they the same length fit? or too short?
Same, although you may have issues if the skirts have fins that come up the wheel arch, what with the saloon having different shape arches.

same question with exhaust while im here i assume that would be longer system tho? (from hatch to 2door saloon)
Exactly the same as hatch system, only difference is the tail pipe is longer

and whats the latest reg you can get as iv seen a L reg about a while ago
Yep, L reg. If you're still thinking saloon, then Mk1 came in 2 and 4dr (~Y-H reg) but Mk2 only came in 4dr (H-L reg)

rdanny
24-01-10, 10:02 PM
sorry misunderstood bumpers, DO same hatch bumpers go on a saloon? some reason im sure there same width? as for rear i'v seen some abyss bumbers fitted they must have being cut to fit unless you can get them for saloon

Reg. i saw a L reg hatch very long time ago sure it was a hatch but honestly no idea could have being pri plate

Nobby
24-01-10, 11:44 PM
all front bumpers are interchangable between all novas just the loon rear isnt as its longer on the sides