PDA

View Full Version : prices

jatinder
02-04-03, 05:43 PM
I'm Looking to get a 1.6 16v engine conversion in the summer, just wondering how much do theses engines sell for and wot cars can they be taken out off. I know i can use the exsiting gearbox just want to know they price of an engine.
Alos how difficult is the job to do anyone whoes done this conversion got any tips

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 06:00 PM
you can use F10 gearbox (heaven forbid! :roll: ) F13 or F15

Wiggie
03-04-03, 12:08 PM
i just want to know they price of an engine.

is it me or did he ask about the engine not the gear box , not to be tooooo picky :lol:

wigz

burgessovsalford
03-04-03, 12:44 PM
I'm Looking to get a 1.6 16v engine conversion in the summer, just wondering how much do theses engines sell for and wot cars can they be taken out off. I know i can use the exsiting gearbox just want to know they price of an engine.
Alos how difficult is the job to do anyone whoes done this conversion got any tips

you can get an astra's 1.6 16V... prices vary depending on condition.

mikeoxford
03-04-03, 03:00 PM
i just want to know they price of an engine.

is it me or did he ask about the engine not the gear box , not to be tooooo picky :lol:
wigz

just wondering how much do theses engines sell for ........................................I know i can use the exsiting gearbox

if hes only got an F10 gearbox, which chances are he has, really he needs an F13 and to buy one he will have to pay for it (unless he robs it) so that will bump the price up

mike

jatinder
03-04-03, 03:18 PM
probably got the same box as a gsi which doesnt bother me much im just wondering on any hints and tips and are all 1.6 16v engines the same is there a specific one i should go for?

YellowTurbo
04-04-03, 10:59 AM
i have jsut completed the same conversion on my nova and with the help of everyone on here it wasnt hard at all....i had the engine out and in, in one day but all the little things took a few weeks to get finished....need any more help email me.

mikeoxford
05-04-03, 12:20 AM
if you grafted real hgard and didnt lie in for AGES ni the mornings ;) like i do on weekends, u cud get it done on a saturday.

to be fair, anything like this if you work at it is a weekend job.

not too hard

jatinder
05-04-03, 07:40 PM
yeqah i might try it wiv a mates help, although i need to get sum insurance qoutes first

mikeoxford
06-04-03, 04:21 AM
yeqah i might try it wiv a mates help, although i need to get sum insurance qoutes first

:lol: BOTH points are always a good idea! :lol: