PDA

View Full Version : sr trouble......

vauxluva
24-01-10, 05:36 PM
im having problem geting my car to fire it was runing fine now is ticking over at 800 rpm with my foot on the gass let off it dies,leave it doin that it stil dies......... 1.4 nv

nova_saloon
24-01-10, 05:43 PM
check everything over, make sure everything is in good order, then pull out the haynes and examine

mowgli
24-01-10, 05:49 PM
choke?? advance retard mechanism?? coil...

vauxluva
24-01-10, 05:49 PM
i carnt stress enuff ive gone threw the lot. Are they auto choke? its a pierburg carb.

vauxluva
24-01-10, 05:51 PM
How can i identify these problems,cheers for the help it was fine yesterday? strange sunday for me.

mowgli
24-01-10, 05:59 PM
How can i identify these problems,cheers for the help it was fine yesterday? strange sunday for me.

the autochoke is shoite on the pierberg.. there used to be manual choke kits for these... try ebay & your local small independant motor factors.....

advance retard just pull the vacuum hose off at the carb end & suck on it really hard. if the engine note changes, then it is ok, if not, then it is shot...

coil.. unfortunately, its either working ok, or its not. try another one..

check your cambelt is still timed ok.. one tooth out causes loads of rough running

vauxluva
25-01-10, 05:25 PM
Well i have been at it all day had the carb in compleate bits,heated all the pugs ensured the fuel was getting in still the same.................im so confused so are a few of my pals,who all mess with cars.How much will i be looking at for a coil??.I would apriciate any more help it has to be done need it on the road asap.

vauxluva
25-01-10, 06:22 PM
I checket the timing......wat is the corect firing order off the dizzy 1.4 sr?.Bumpet it and it made no diferece it ran terable it did run just would not rev past,5000

kent14sr
26-01-10, 09:42 AM
I checket the timing......wat is the corect firing order off the dizzy 1.4 sr?.Bumpet it and it made no diferece it ran terable it did run just would not rev past,5000

1-3-4-2 iirc

Sounds to me like ignition timing is majorly out or cam belt is a tooth out.

Before I got a timing gun I used to loosen off the dizzy clamp bolt and put the dizzy in a middle ish position, start it up and move it till it ran smoothly - not perfect but would probably give you an idea if ignition timing is the problem.

If it was just dying at idle I would say it could be auto choke or even a leak on the inlet manifold - either gasket or brake servo pipe, carb etc but not revving over 5000 sounds more like cam timing or ignition timing in my opinion.

mowgli
26-01-10, 10:47 AM
my 50p bet is still on the coil

vauxluva
26-01-10, 12:10 PM
my 50p bet is still on the coil are the ignition systems the same on both cars i my have found one ?? i was just going to take the lot offf??

SR Kyle
26-01-10, 06:22 PM
if its a pierburg 2e carb ive had loads of issues with the second venturi not opening. giving similar problems i bodged mine open with the misuses hair bobble . worked for a while but ticked over verry high but it got me around till i got a new carb

vauxluva
26-01-10, 06:45 PM
:thumb: :thumb:
if its a pierburg 2e carb ive had loads of issues with the second venturi not opening. giving similar problems i bodged mine open with the misuses hair bobble . worked for a while but ticked over verry high but it got me around till i got a new carb ye its the pierbrug 2e were is the second venturi located cheers.Its doin my head in now.

vauxluva
27-01-10, 12:17 PM
if its a pierburg 2e carb ive had loads of issues with the second venturi not opening. giving similar problems i bodged mine open with the misuses hair bobble . worked for a while but ticked over verry high but it got me around till i got a new carb does any one no were second venturi is located and how i lodge it open:confused: :thumb:?? still no luck with finding it???

Asa-James
28-01-10, 10:41 AM
replied in your other thread, as said there it opens on a vacuum system, so make sure all the vac lines on the carb are in good condition.

vauxluva
28-01-10, 10:45 AM
Cheers chaps i will keep you updated