PDA

View Full Version : anyone work for Pug? 308 problem

Stuart
24-01-10, 04:28 PM
The Mother-out-law has a pug 308 that when you turn on the heated rear screen causes interference with the radio.

Its been in once for a 'fix' which made it a little less interferencey but still not great. Its due to go back in on Wed for a 3 day 'strip down and fix' lark but shes not keen if its not gonna fix the problem and or leave the car badly rebuilt (I mean it wasnt built right in the first place being a pug lol).

fankooos.
google dosent seem to show it as a common fault.

dan23
24-01-10, 04:41 PM
i have an old car audio book it mentions interferency on the stereo caused by high frequencys such as the coil to cure it they fitted a resistor i dont know how or where though
but i m sure some on here will know

Stuart
24-01-10, 04:43 PM
I'd simply fit a supressor to the power lines to the radio, BUT its a new(ish) car shouldnt do it as these things are thought about etc. So something is missing/broken and the dealer knows shag all lol

dontliftdrift
24-01-10, 04:59 PM
apart from the fact its french.....im clueless

mowgli
24-01-10, 05:09 PM
well, as the aerial earths to the bodyshell & the heated window does too, you must guess there is a connection problem on either the hatchback where it hinges on the body, or the aerial earth ... my money is on the hatchback.......

try to short the heated window to the main body whilst the M-I-L operates the radio etc....

Connor
24-01-10, 05:31 PM
This happens to my mums 2001 laguna
all she does is turn the rear heated screen off and an again
and the interference is completely gone,
And doesnt come back till she truns the ignition on and off
cant be bothered to investigate why,
if shes happy, i'm happy. meh

mowgli
24-01-10, 05:48 PM
bad relay connection in the heated window circuit??? or the switch is arcing??

RETRONOVA
24-01-10, 07:27 PM
The Mother-out-law has a pug 308 that when you turn on the heated rear screen causes interference with the radio.

Its been in once for a 'fix' which made it a little less interferencey but still not great. Its due to go back in on Wed for a 3 day 'strip down and fix' lark but shes not keen if its not gonna fix the problem and or leave the car badly rebuilt (I mean it wasnt built right in the first place being a pug lol).

fankooos.
google dosent seem to show it as a common fault.

Don’t tell anyone but I work at a multi-franchise dealership that covers Peugeot, unfortunately you wont be able to sort the problem out yourself, as the wiring system in all Peugeots is very complex, the wires that go threw the car are called optic wires, one wire will carry a several signals to a multitude of components, it use to be called coms 2000, don’t think its called that anymore, but has the same principals. You will have to keep taking it back under the warranty until they fix it.
Sorry dude.
(God I sound like an anorak)