PDA

View Full Version : re-spray colour

Benjoyce
02-04-03, 05:01 PM
what does everyone think of a matt black re-spray, no shine at all.

i really fancy getting it done

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 05:14 PM
nah

u need gloss paint mate

Benjoyce
02-04-03, 05:16 PM
i saw a golf in max pooer or somewhere that looked mint tho

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 05:18 PM
well i aint seen it so it hasnt caught my eye!

dont do it :(

in the summer u want ur car to gleam and shimmer in the sun

not be dull and horrible!

Benjoyce
02-04-03, 05:19 PM
hhmm fair point, thats why i want others opinions. i also thought black witha purpley bluey flip?!?!?

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 05:22 PM
if you get a good black

a deep deep deep shining, glossy black, they look WELL sweet on their own

Benjoyce
02-04-03, 05:24 PM
dads a mechanic, so are his amtes, counsins a panel beater and uncles a sprayer/panel beate. i'm sure one can come up with a deep deep deep deep black. i like the new merc black.

whitey
02-04-03, 06:26 PM
I saw the matt black! Its different but wont look right on a nova in my opinion and apparantly they had to build up loadsa primer underneath and it chips off well easy!

Go for deep glossy black! Thats what im having YUMMY!

mel1
02-04-03, 07:25 PM
It would look like somthing out of a madmax film

Wiggie
03-04-03, 11:34 AM
what does everyone think of a matt black re-spray, no shine at all.

i really fancy getting it done

I often thought the same thing, when we get new panels in work there primed in black, once there rubbed down there matt, i have to say i actuly like it too, but i think it would just end up looking like you left your car in the sun too long with out a polish, lol

Nova-Boy
03-04-03, 02:56 PM
It would be very hard to wash. Every time someone touched it it would leave a greasy mark.

The only bad thing about black is that is shows dints (and bird sh*t).

I wanted my car black but i think it would show up every dint so i am going to go for blue if i ever get it done.

What do others think of black cars?

Wiggie
03-04-03, 03:01 PM
i agree, ...lol i was trying to spray my brothers car in black....beast of a colour, and yeah it only looks good if youv got imaculate body work.

burgessovsalford
04-04-03, 11:43 AM
The astra GSI mk3 met blue is the bollox. Simple but effective i think... If I ever get mine done im getting it done in that.

Nova-Boy
04-04-03, 12:24 PM
the only bad thing about metalics is that trying to colour match is an arse. If you dnt spray it all at the same time it is very difficult to match the same colour. Say if you wanted to do your new bumpers etc etc.

ade
06-04-03, 11:44 PM
mat/satin black golf in max power a few months back - bloke from Europe (Belgium I think) - had to carry a touch up pen with him coz of stoine chips. You cant lacquer it coz it'll go shiney.

Why not go white then get the whole car diamond cut polished - with contrasting smoked windows and body kit would look absolutely stunning, especially n a sunny day.

8)

mikeoxford
07-04-03, 12:46 AM
seen the vauxhall "viva" advertised in the back of total vauxhall for the nest issue?

geezer driving it looks funny, like a grave digger car or summat