PDA

View Full Version : where do these go 1400 conversion?

Nobby
24-01-10, 02:38 PM
as above doing a 1400 conversion and come to a stop any help ideas on these would be great!

1. i have this plug what is it for? what goes onto it?
http://i45.tinypic.com/21268f4.jpg

2. on the n/s of the carb ( if you look on the top pic its there behind my hand lol? i have this circle box thing that has 2 fittings coming off 1 looks like its blocked but the other is not what goes onto it??
http://i50.tinypic.com/a5an90.jpg

3. on the mini loom i have 4 plugs? 1 for dizzy 1 big one for coil lower and a small 1 for coil higher? but i have 1 spare? any ideas?

its the 3 pin one ?

http://i50.tinypic.com/35cjxw2.jpg

cheers

Mike
24-01-10, 02:47 PM
pic 1: the plug on the carb goes into nothing mate. not used at all.

pic 2: cant see a thing lol

pic 3: the last pic, it plugs into the dizzy.

edit: the plug thats pointing upwards goes into the dizzy rather

Nobby
24-01-10, 03:04 PM
this one mike -
http://i47.tinypic.com/72fy1d.jpg

also its the other plug on that pic not the on point up?

Mike
24-01-10, 03:07 PM
Ah ok, the other plug with the green seal on looks like the rad thermostat thingy plug?

the red arrow - thinks thats the fuel diaphram valve, or in line filter cant remeber :S let me consult my ancient SR literature an see.

Mike
24-01-10, 03:10 PM
here we go, found my Pierbury 2E3 specifications & technical diagrams, give us a few mins an ill see what i can find for you.

Nobby
24-01-10, 03:11 PM
but why is the rad thing on the mini loom? sick blud innit mate + rep on way

Mike
24-01-10, 03:17 PM
but why is the rad thing on the mini loom? sick blud innit mate + rep on way

I dont know weather it is but it looks just like it IIRC.

Last time i had an SR motor was like 2005 bud lol

Going through my carb literature ive got here (yes sad but i have all makes & models of various UK & foreing carbs, including BOTH types of the 2E3) what youve arrowed looks like the vapour bottle/canister. Which makes me think the following..

Now IIRC from my SR days, there was a return pipe but next to fcuk all went down it, as with carbs, pretty much what fuel goes in, stays in LOL.

EDIT: No comparing my diagrams to your pic, youve arrowed a diaphragm valve of some sort

Nobby
24-01-10, 03:34 PM
hmm so still no answers lol can someone with a sr pop out and have a look?

jimbob-mcgrew
24-01-10, 04:28 PM
that first spade connectors something to do with a secondary heater for the choke (supposedly to make it more efficient or something), but i think it was only used on the old cav/astra models that ran hybrid ecu's for the fueling ? not 100% sure on that, but it'll be ok left discconected.

that 3 pin plug on the mini coil loom is where it links to the 1.4 sr loom, youll need to snip the plug off and join the wires up accordingly, black to black, brown to earth, green is for rev counter.
i think the 2 pin connector that links to the coil, goes to the frontside of the 2 connectors (when looking at it bolted to the wing from front of the car)

and that black plastic thing on the carb, im half certain there should be a rubber hose on that, that runs round the backside of the carb to that other flying saucer looking black plastic thing (technical terms) lol

hope thats not aload of jibberish and helps out :thumb:

Nobby
24-01-10, 04:41 PM
cheers for that mate +rep!

where and what wires do i cut? ie black do i run an ignition live to? brown to earth like you say and green for rev counter? i think that that vacuum thing goes on to another on the rear of the carb as we have another one the same with one fitment blocked off and one going underneath just above the starter on a metal bowl type thing.

jimbob-mcgrew
24-01-10, 04:48 PM
black will link to the existing nova loom that previously fed the coil (1.2 was it ?) if so it'll have a funky grey spade connector block attached to a black wire.

brown youll have to extend the wire and earth it somewhere. (car-body-side of the gearbox earth strap works for me)

green, not essential for running, but it would go to the dash, back of the clocks for rev gauge signal.

hope u get it going soon, watch out for the auto choke on those 2e's, they can be frustrating to set up.

JordyzNova
24-01-10, 05:01 PM
na mate it was a 1.0 so was going to run a new wire to it, how do you set them up then mate?

jimbob-mcgrew
24-01-10, 10:26 PM
ah 1.0. i think its a clear wire instead of black in that case ?
yeh youll need to replace that as its not upto the job. i think it routes back to the ignition barrel. track it back and re-solder a fresh piece in its place :thumb:

edit : setting the choke up on the 2e's a bit fiddly, i think theres 4 stages of choke as it heats up and flicks round, most of the time they stick on the last stage and cause overfueling/dodgy running. i had to adjust mine to the point that it started on a later stage, so cold running wasnt as good, but it meant for proper running once warm. as far as i could tell, thats about the best i could get it as the coil spring inside them wears out and doesnt have the strength to over-run that last stage, have a fiddle with it and youll find a medium that works for you :thumb: