PDA

View Full Version : hmmm what to do.

Curtoise
23-01-10, 02:10 PM
right i have a dilema, i need moneys this month for tax and insurance and i could scrape by, i have a 1.2 expression that is a bit pooy but a work in progress, my theory is to either keep it how it is interior wise with sound system ect, or strip it and eventually cage it for lightness, this means i can sell my sound system and get some money to boost this month ?

im torn between the two what do you think ??

Jack
23-01-10, 02:11 PM
How desperate are you for the cash? And what sound system is it - if its just Ripspeed special stuff then don't expect a lot

Curtoise
23-01-10, 02:24 PM
nah its alpine vibe and a jcb lol sub

kc_08
23-01-10, 02:26 PM
strip it dude, dont think you'd get bored of it either, you want to listen to music just have front speakers or an ipod with headphones lol.

wwmnw
23-01-10, 02:27 PM
More seats = more mates in = more laughs etc, I'm torn between stripping mine out or having the rear seats in, although I have a plan.

Curtoise
23-01-10, 02:39 PM
yh i hate people in the back of my car, makes it even more snaily and it annoyes me when they mess about in the back lol. what difference would it make to handling/acceleration ?

wwmnw
23-01-10, 02:47 PM
Less weight = quicker off the mark, I find (on a road near me) even with a full interior the rear end gets a bit twitchy going round an S bend on a hill, coming up the hill to the right, hit the top into a left bend and the rear twitches, imagine that with little weight over the rear axle.

Curtoise
23-01-10, 02:59 PM
so your saying its tonnes more fun lol, i did like it when i took the seats out

wwmnw
23-01-10, 03:01 PM
Funs-a-plenty, now I must go and hit said road :d as work needs me :cry:.

Curtoise
23-01-10, 03:08 PM
lololol ok people put up pics of semi stripped novaloads?

kc_08
23-01-10, 03:21 PM
heres mine semi stripped mate.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8227/kcsalbum015.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/kcsalbum015.jpg/)

Curtoise
23-01-10, 03:26 PM
that looks neat whats it like and what engine?

Welsh Dan
23-01-10, 03:44 PM
Less weight = quicker off the mark, I find (on a road near me) even with a full interior the rear end gets a bit twitchy going round an S bend on a hill, coming up the hill to the right, hit the top into a left bend and the rear twitches, imagine that with little weight over the rear axle.

You're easing off too much! lol

kc_08
23-01-10, 04:43 PM
ermm pretty clean rot free mate, about to tidy it up with some gte bumpers and stuff aswell as completely undersealing the car and arches. well as we speak ive got 2 weeks holiday from work so im putting in a 1.4 16v from a corsa sport, not really done much to the engine full straight through s/s exhaust system. looking into a mantzel style inlet and a nice induction kit with all the eco-tec taken off/ power steering pump and the aircon. will be looking for 130-140bhp within the next year but to get that gain im going to need more than that. probably need cams. saying that a man on corsasport with the mantzel inlets and exhaust got r/r at 131.5bhp or somthing

Curtoise
23-01-10, 04:46 PM
yeh sounds like a plan, whats it dirve like? when stripped?

kc_08
23-01-10, 04:53 PM
not bad at all mate, also my friend has a stripped out one started as a 1.0 then to a 1.4 16v now a 2.0 8v and hes noticed it through out all the engines, never bother'd him or me only having 1 extra seat as like you said you wanna see whats going on behind ya incase they piss about. hes running coilovers and im running 60mm springs and shocks, its a little solid but the only thing he done was put a spare wheel in the back as his drums would lock the rear up before the 16v brakes did lol so the back locked up on occassions

Curtoise
23-01-10, 04:58 PM
oh i see.but i think it loses some of its carability having it stripped, and looks more like a toy if u understand what im saying lol

chris gsi
23-01-10, 09:27 PM
i would keep the seats in if its an every day car as you will miss the seats and places to keep stuff out of view