PDA

View Full Version : iphone/blackberry owners......

dontliftdrift
23-01-10, 09:49 AM
i currently have a nokia n96 i dont like it anymore so..........

iPHONE or blackberry which to buy? pro's and con's for both.....a good battery is a must! which do you own and are you happy with it etc etc...

Stuart
23-01-10, 10:03 AM
I got the 9700 Bold in late november.

If you have stuff like msn (which runs in the background unlike stuff on the ipone ;) ) and other 'chat' apps running the battery does drain a little faster but you can still get 2 days minimum out of it (sounds crap but hey I challenge you to find any phone thesedays that lasts much longer with tons of crap running lol)

I had an HTC Diamond before and it a) made me hate winmo b.) made me hate touch screen interfaces.

The BB apps are a little limited compared to the Ipone, but tbh its not a deal breaker for me.
Being a mac user I love apples products but there is something about the Ipone that dosent sit right with me and I dont know 100% what it is (bar not liking touch screens much lol).

tbh you have to go to the shops and play with the phones. Its the only way to work out what you like and go from there as both are very capable devices, and I guess its down to how much you want to pay too.

dontliftdrift
23-01-10, 10:07 AM

If you have stuff like msn (which runs in the background unlike stuff on the ipone ;) ) and other 'chat' apps running the battery does drain a little faster but you can still get 2 days minimum out of it (sounds crap but hey I challenge you to find any phone thesedays that lasts much longer with tons of crap running lol)

I had an HTC Diamond before and it a) made me hate winmo b.) made me hate touch screen interfaces.

The BB apps are a little limited compared to the Ipone, but tbh its not a deal breaker for me.
Being a mac user I love apples products but there is something about the Ipone that dosent sit right with me and I dont know 100% what it is (bar not liking touch screens much lol).

tbh you have to go to the shops and play with the phones. Its the only way to work out what you like and go from there as both are very capable devices, and I guess its down to how much you want to pay too.

cheers:thumb: has the blackberry got a camera of good quality?is it available on o2 pay as you go or contract?im not really looking to spend more than £400 on a phone but willing to stretch for the right device! looks like a trip to carphone warehouse etc etc is in order....when the hangover wear's off:tard:

Stuart
23-01-10, 10:10 AM
O2 dont have any 'good' phones aside from the Ipone as they were making the most of the 'exclusivity' bit and missed the new stuff.

The BB camera isnt that great, but its a camera in a phone, I dont expect it to be.
contract is your friend really.

From talking to mates they would keep with the Ipone but move to Voda or Orange as the data service is ace compared to O2's bean can and string setup

draper
23-01-10, 10:51 AM
t-mobile G1, much better than an iphone and a blackberry imho

touchscreen is very good and easy to use, has loads of apps etc, good camera - i love mine, the battery will last about 36hours but then again i am always using it for browsing/games etc

dontliftdrift
23-01-10, 10:54 AM
t-mobile G1, much better than an iphone and a blackberry imho

touchscreen is very good and easy to use, has loads of apps etc, good camera - i love mine, the battery will last about 36hours but then again i am always using it for browsing/games etc

ill have a look into that cheers :thumb:

db_1.2
23-01-10, 10:57 AM

I also had the HTC Diamond, probably the worst phone ive ever used. Its not only the touchscreen interface, i found it was also windows mobile. I was given the new(ish) HTC HD phone, which also uses windows mobile, which also equates to fail, although the phone is very well made. Shame
really.

I think with phones, simplicity is the key if you use it a lot for business, i use mine a lot for ''real'' communication, not facebook, msn, twitter or whatever you like to use to tell the world what you had for dinner!

However, i do like Iphones, dey da shiznic yo!:thumb:

John
23-01-10, 11:12 AM
Bored of mobile phone threads now. :roll:

dontliftdrift
23-01-10, 11:15 AM
Bored of mobile phone threads now. :roll:

you didnt have to read it.....

im a mobile phone noob so thought i would ask :)

John
23-01-10, 11:15 AM
yes but this is the png?

dontliftdrift
23-01-10, 11:23 AM
yes but this is the png?

and this is muppet corner....your replies are proving this section name....

John
23-01-10, 11:30 AM
My point being, this is a dedicated one make car club, why would you be asking about mobiles?

http://www.rightmobilephone.co.uk/?gclid=CPvr9Yu0up8CFR88lAodq25e0Q

dontliftdrift
23-01-10, 11:37 AM
My point being, this is a dedicated one make car club, why would you be asking about mobiles?

http://www.rightmobilephone.co.uk/?gclid=CPvr9Yu0up8CFR88lAodq25e0Q

because people on here own them! id rather first hand experience than souped up reviews,you can talk about anything in this section!!!

bmw156
23-01-10, 12:39 PM
iphone 2g here.

had it for a year, updated it and never had a problem.

a mate has an blackberry, and both have apps etc like each other. but he got a brand new blackberry for the price of a second hand iphone...

iphones are also an ipod, which i like.

i would say they are faily equal. each phone has draw backs, and each phone has pluses.

annoying things about iphone, you have to use itunes, which is ****. no bluetooth, no video camera from standard. no flash on the camera.

Connor
23-01-10, 08:23 PM
iphone 2g here.

had it for a year, updated it and never had a problem.

a mate has an blackberry, and both have apps etc like each other. but he got a brand new blackberry for the price of a second hand iphone...

iphones are also an ipod, which i like.

i would say they are faily equal. each phone has draw backs, and each phone has pluses.

annoying things about iphone, you have to use itunes, which is ****. no bluetooth, no video camera from standard. no flash on the camera.

^EXACTLY what i was going to say,
i have a 3g iphone which is ok but the camera is a big put off
IMO i would go blackberry but IMO both completely different phones

bazil
23-01-10, 08:39 PM
.....a good battery is a must!...

that's the iPhone oot the windowlol mine barely lasts till lunchtime if i'm using the browser alot....:d ,honest I work hard,

m1c
24-01-10, 12:22 PM
i had blackberry for 18 months, great phones IF you have need for what it does. i loved BBM and push email, but other than that i didnt really use any other functions apart from ring + text. apps can be a pain to find.

ive had a 3g iphone for a week and i'll never go back to a BB, even with the 2mp camera the iphone has its really not that bad at all. i thought it would put me off but its suprisingly good quality. there really IS an app for everything, you name it and it can do it. it also does push email too.

the ONLY letdown im afraid is the battery life, its shocking. but on the other hand, you can buy cases that charge the battery, you can buy batterys that plug in as a backup and even the local 99p store has a 4AA battery pack you can plug in to top it up :) and if you work behind a pc you can just plug it in via usb. id rather do that and have a phone i actually use (5 pages of games/apps) than a BB that lasts longer but only cos it doesnt get used.

my 2p worth :D

Mike
24-01-10, 12:26 PM
Id buy neither.

Personally id get either a HTC or Palm Pre. (more adult orentation an not full of useless apps & games)

Both top spec phones, out perform both the iPhone & Blackberry yet you can get them for as little as £150 for the HTC & £250 for the Palm Pre.

m1c
24-01-10, 01:46 PM
i never understood this 'out perform', iphone killer talk. take the HTC HD2 for example. 5mp camera, twice as fast processor, all the usual windows gadgets. but how can you compare that to an iphone? I read the 5mp camera is rubbish and has a pink tint. the out-dated windows OS is basic, and altho it has a quicker processor, you dont have half of much stuff to process!! id say the iphone out performs the HTC cos of its gaming ability. id say the HTC out performs iphone cos its got more business functions. how do you measure it?

its not JUST the phone that makes a phone, its the whole package that comes with it. if you want a phone just for making calls on, go buy a £20 payg nokia. if you want a phone for communication, get a BB. if you want a phone/toy with the best package for apps and gadgets, get an iphone. if you want a business phone then look at the HTC range.

its like comparing a tractor to a porsche, both have wheels and get from A - B but they both serve a different purpose. as good as a porsche is it just wont plough a field, and a tractor aint gonna break any speed barriers.

get a phone that suits your needs, dont go for the newest out just cos you can.

Mike
24-01-10, 01:48 PM
Do iPhones have WIFI.....

If your after something to play games on, get a PSP. An iPhone is IMO like a kids toy. Its of no use to me with the business i run, there to delicate for a start.

BTW, you can run just about any OS on a HTC. Not just windows. The HTC with Andriod OS is choice IMO IF your using it for business & recreational.

Also, a brand new HTC is only about £150. Does EVERYTHING the iPhone does & more, just doesnt have sh1tty iTune's on it, which is a bonus.

m1c
24-01-10, 02:06 PM
yes iphones have wifi.

not everyone wants to carry a psp around as well as a phone, thats like saying id carry a laptop around with me all the time so i didnt use internet on the phone.

if you run a business then you need a business phone (going back to a phone that suits your needs) and as much as you can run any OS on a HTC, how many people will actually change it?? most people i know want to take a phone out of the box and plug it in.

a brand new HTC HD2 is around £500. it might do everything the iphone does, but if there aint as many apps for it then whats the point? again going back to peoples needs im sure the majority of people want to plug in and go. the app store is so simple to use a child can use it. i had PDAs before i got a blackberry, i know apps for the are limited or expensive.

Mike
24-01-10, 02:10 PM
^ £500? Ive seen up for £220 on business deals??

Like im saying, an you are to, iPhones are IMO a kids toy for the masses. For business i wouldnt go there.

Saying that, might just be the way i am, but Id have a Palm Pre over an iPhone, BB or HTC if im honest.

And Palm Pre's are cheap!! Any network £300 tops. There basically an iPhone & HTC in one. (Just doesnt have a slidy out qwerty like some HTC models tho).

For an everyday run of the mill PayG, id settle for an N series Nokia, what i currently have now.

Edd
24-01-10, 02:14 PM
Nokia n900 ftw.

just out looks top, thinking of getting one when my iphone contract is up.

m1c
24-01-10, 02:22 PM
£500 payg, vodafone do em free on business contracts but thats no different to iphone either, different prices for different tarrifs etc.

each to their own mate, i want a toy so i ditched the BB and got an iphone :)

'they' say the new nokia x6 is due out soon, thats meant to be a good 'un

Stuart
24-01-10, 04:26 PM
palm pre = moving parts = BAD idea for a mobile phone.

I had an HTC for 18 months and never again shall I do so! hateful device.

Riggy
24-01-10, 07:40 PM
lol ive got a new 32g 3gs i phone , and i must say its the bollocks, can nearly wipe my **** for me :)

apps for absolutly everything you could ever need and more ...

but i do agree that the i tunes software could do with a re think , its not the best to use and could be so much better