PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!! It's finally back!!!!

novax
02-04-03, 08:48 AM
Well "X" is finally back, still not finisted so no pictures for a few days yet :( But after 4 months of waiting and popping to the body shop to help do the job..... It's back on my driveway.

The paint is like glass and once waxed and polished will be so deep you'll loose your soul forever. It took all weekend to just get all the dust from the inside and had to wash it 3 times to bet the outside somewhere clean. Still that's done now. The seats are in and I have taken it down the road but on Monday it fail the MOT :( :?: Nothing to worry about but a little welding in the rear arches, nothing on a car this old to give concern - though as my tax ran out on Monday "X" is now sat on the drive with no wheels.

WARNING: One of the things it failed on was the Goodridge hoses :o On full lock they bend in such a way (backwards) and touch the driveshafts, well dodgy. Now I'm only dropped -30mm and have 288mm Vectra V6 discs so you'd think it'd be OK. In order to get it through the MOT I've had to buy 2 NEW! factory flex-hoses at ?45, not happy.

Still it'll all be finished by Thursday night and I'll try and get it re-tested by the weekend.

wisewood
02-04-03, 11:10 AM
The paint is like glass and once waxed and polished will be so deep you'll loose your soul forever

NICE... very very nice.
i gotta see this.

novax
02-04-03, 11:36 AM
Well it'll be at Doncaster Saturday and Sunday so come over and say hi.

djp_y2k
02-04-03, 12:25 PM
Nice man.

Bad luck about the brake hoses.

MOT's are a bloddy nightmare.

Is ur car on the PNG stand at Donny, if not where abouts.

novax
02-04-03, 02:40 PM
No not PNG, I'm a Regional Organiser for the VxlSCC so I'll be on that stand :D

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 02:44 PM
your car was sweet enough at PV anyway! u make me so jealous u can just strip it and do that!

well envy you

trouble is its my main car :roll:

until next month, when as i get one years no claims bonus from the first, then i can drive anyones car :D

for my first year they wrote a clause to say i couldnt (even though im fully comp) to get my insurance cheaper :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
02-04-03, 04:50 PM
I can imagine what the paint will be like.

The pictures from the bodyshop looked like it was going to be spot on.

I thought you were at Interpro on the weekend?

Tilly
02-04-03, 05:55 PM
the hoses touch the drive shafts?

yeah thats right micky

This car is so lush. Ive been up close and personal on 2 occasions.
:wink:

Ben (lurk75)
02-04-03, 06:21 PM
im sure u looked sweet next to the car tilly ;)

Tilly
02-04-03, 06:23 PM
why thank you *blushes*

Ben (lurk75)
02-04-03, 06:26 PM
like an angel from heaven *aledgedly*

Ben (lurk75)
02-04-03, 07:07 PM
never again (or have i before) will i doubt Micky's ability to do his Admin job, very diplomatic Micky!

pmsl Quality :lol: :lol: :lol:

if your reading this you have no idea what im on about, you missed it :!:

rallyslag
02-04-03, 07:23 PM
You boys must have strick mot folks in your area, when i had my Nova put through it's MOT it passed first time even though it needed a a bit of welding on the floor, a new steering gator, was only runnin on three cylinders, and leaked gearbox oil all over the testin garages floor!!!!! :lol:

All that had to be done was for it to go back to my garage after on the promise that these things would be fixed!

novax
02-04-03, 07:49 PM
Hoses: Next time your front wheel's off look at the thick rubber tube at the top. This stops it bending backwards, Goodridge hoses don't have this. Though they seem to be the same length (not measured them yet).

http://vaux-md.net/dayout/hose.jpg

This is with the wheel turned in.

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 07:57 PM
:o

PeteG
03-04-03, 01:22 AM
Ah see what you mean now dave,that really is fuckin worrying!! mmm reckon you'll get it sorted with them??

novax
04-04-03, 09:46 PM
Well last night I spent a couple of hours scratching my head. The factory hoses are the same size..... we managed to twist the hose in the wing bracket and tighten it up. It now naturally turns inwards not backwards as you turn the wheel :D Let's hope this satisfies my eagle eyed MOT man.

Jim
04-04-03, 09:56 PM
/me starts chanting

"we want pics, we want pics, we want pics" ;) :D

Jim