PDA

View Full Version : Someone fit my digi dash !!!

LEWI007
21-01-10, 11:57 PM
Got a bit of a situation here, after cuting all my mk1 dash up and getting the clocks in and stripping every single wire and making long wires to joing each wire seperately, half the things on the digi dash arent working, my cassette player no longer powers up, and i think the transducer isnt in right cos it doesnt count miles or show what speed im going.

Wanna know if theres anyone local ish that i can atleast pay to help me sort it out, cos i havent got a clue with all these wires, and i want my dash putting back together :(

Jack
22-01-10, 12:01 AM
You're fitting it wrong, it should be in here

http://www.gardening-tools.me.uk/acatalog/parasene_dustbin_16in_galvanized_metal_lid_931.jpg

What wires have you cut (on the car side) to fit it? I'm assuming you're just chopped the loom that plugs into the standard dials?

LEWI007
22-01-10, 12:03 AM
Cut the old plug off, then followed the guide and joined every wire to the correct places.

took the old transducer off the engine, screwed the new one in, pu the wires in right places, there was a black wire on the transducer and it didnt say where it went so i just put it to positive thats propably wrong but i dont know.

and the only thing that is wired up is the clocks, none f the butons in the dash are wired up maybe that has something to do with the cassette not working ?

havent got a clue really its doing my head in.

brainsnova
22-01-10, 12:05 AM
most wires match up so fuk knows what your doing. you probs blew a fuse.

LEWI007
22-01-10, 12:06 AM
Well, when i press the left indicator down, the left indicator light comes on, when i press that lever backwards to put the lights on the left indicator light comes on, and the right indicator light doesnt come on but i hear a loud high pitched noise coming off the fuse box..ffs i dont know what im doing with this elecctric stuff.

brainsnova
22-01-10, 12:14 AM
did you run the two wires from the indicator stalk to the clocks

LEWI007
22-01-10, 12:16 AM
theres one wire on the stalk for the left indicator, i put that on and theres one for the right indicator, i put that on to the right indicator wire on the dash and thats all i did.

brainsnova
22-01-10, 12:19 AM
are all the browns earthed and blacks switched live.

LEWI007
22-01-10, 12:21 AM
i know theres a brown earthed in the engine bay somewhere, and theres 1 or 2 earths on the back of the dash, and i think all the black ones are wired into the black one on the clocks.

does not having all the switches and stuff in the dashboard plugged in make a difference ?

brainsnova
22-01-10, 12:24 AM
if theres no hazard light switch or headlight switch then yes that will effect it and iirc theres 4 brown and 4 black that go to the nova 1 brown 1 black.

LEWI007
22-01-10, 12:28 AM
Ok well ill have to plug those back in and try it out, will my earth on the chassis leg have to be moved to earth on the back of the clocks then ?

+REP BraninsNova for the advice so far ;)

brainsnova
22-01-10, 01:05 AM
its easier and neater to join them all at the clocks inc the transducer wires.

LEWI007
22-01-10, 01:56 AM
Ok ill have a mess around with it tomorow and see what happens, thanks for the advice so far mate.

bmw156
22-01-10, 09:02 AM
what aw06 done when he installed mine, was splice the digi plug on the loom, keeping the old plug. if i ever wanted to get rid of the digi.

and im sure as yours is a mk1, there are some differences.

pm him :D

w_wall_2001
16-02-10, 01:30 AM
did you get sorted with the digis? if not ill have a pop pver and have a look if you like?

mayhem
16-02-10, 12:51 PM
if the indicator lights are on contstant (so not flashing like they should) you have an earth problem.. constant indicator lights is a + over the earth..

mowgli
16-02-10, 05:44 PM
lewi. the digi dash should be a pretty much straight swap with the wire to the gearbox as an extra...

so you should be able to pick up everything off the haynes wiring diagrams