PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Renewal Help.

Benn
21-01-10, 06:27 PM
Got my renewal from Hic at £339.30, happy with the price but the insurer doesn't does agreed valve which i want.
Hic can offer a different insurer but they want £500 to cover me..

Not happy about this..

I can up the valve of the car which pushes my renewal up to £409.90, but again they wont do agreed value, but with the price up more would this work on my favour if i ever have a prob?

Rung Sky insurance and they'll beat my renewal but again don't do agreed value..

What do i do? Bump the price up and take it with no agreed value? Or pay the extra and get agreed value?

Who else is good that does agree value?

Help!

Rexy
21-01-10, 06:56 PM
a lot of them stopped agreed valuation mate. You may have to look into classic car insurance etc.

Jack
21-01-10, 07:04 PM
The value of the car that you put in at time of quote won't affect payout value. Its merely for calculating the quotation etc

Try Lancaster and Footman James, they usually offer valuations. I think DIG do as well...

Nick J
21-01-10, 07:11 PM
Got my renewal from Hic at £339.30, happy with the price but the insurer doesn't does agreed valve which i want.
Hic can offer a different insurer but they want £500 to cover me..

Not happy about this..

I can up the valve of the car which pushes my renewal up to £409.90, but again they wont do agreed value, but with the price up more would this work on my favour if i ever have a prob?

Rung Sky insurance and they'll beat my renewal but again don't do agreed value..

What do i do? Bump the price up and take it with no agreed value? Or pay the extra and get agreed value?

Who else is good that does agree value?

Help!

Im afraid you are a little restricted when asking for agreed value and it does bump the price approx £100 Ive found. Ive used A Flux for quite a few years and they are a pain to deal with sometimes but theyve always given me what I ask for so I give them my business. It depends what your policy has on when it comes to mod replacement Like for like on cost etc?? I prefer to pay the extra to know I have a good amount of cash coming my way If anything happened.

Nick.

Benn
21-01-10, 07:26 PM
The value of the car that you put in at time of quote won't affect payout value. Its merely for calculating the quotation etc

Try Lancaster and Footman James, they usually offer valuations. I think DIG do as well...

I know was just hoping it might really..
Any links? I've never heard of them..

Im afraid you are a little restricted when asking for agreed value and it does bump the price approx £100 Ive found. Ive used A Flux for quite a few years and they are a pain to deal with sometimes but theyve always given me what I ask for so I give them my business. It depends what your policy has on when it comes to mod replacement Like for like on cost etc?? I prefer to pay the extra to know I have a good amount of cash coming my way If anything happened.

Nick.

Its annoying cause the people that cover me at the mo do agreed value, but to cover me again its £500 (more than i paid last year)
Most places i've asked don't do like for like, i stayed with Hic for 4years now cause they are easy and would give me agreed value at no extra cost..
No clue if its like for like, in my mind if there's a prob i get the agreed value back..

So you think just pay the £500 and keep it agreed?

Nick J
21-01-10, 07:45 PM
So you think just pay the £500 and keep it agreed?

Well Id also try Brentacre first, they gave me a good quote last year and I think Its who Lee H uses on his (could be wrong) Im sure they also had an agreed value option. £500 with an agreed value isnt bad I dont think.

Nick.

Benn
21-01-10, 07:56 PM
Well this/last year i paid £430 and had it agreed at 5k...
This year they want £500 for the same 5k...

Lee H
21-01-10, 08:09 PM
Brentacre won't do agreed value either so I paid more to go with Adrian Flux. I thought it was worth it in case anything did happen as Brentacre admitted the most they'd probably pay out on my car was £4.5k.

Jack
21-01-10, 08:13 PM
Lancaster (http://www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk/)

Footman James (http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/)

They may be a little sniffy about insuring a Nova, but its worth asking.

Benn
21-01-10, 08:16 PM
Brentacre won't do agreed value either so I paid more to go with Adrian Flux. I thought it was worth it in case anything did happen as Brentacre admitted the most they'd probably pay out on my car was £4.5k.

This is my worry, mind if i ask what the av is set at? And what you paid Pm as needed.

Think i might just pay the extra so i'm covered. As its a worry.

Lancaster (http://www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk/)

Footman James (http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/)

They may be a little sniffy about insuring a Nova, but its worth asking.

Cheers. I'll look in to it.

MK999
21-01-10, 08:16 PM
I know someone with a metro/turbo engine concoction of some sort insured with footman james so shouldn't be a problem, novas are far nicer lol

Lee H
21-01-10, 08:22 PM
Value at £8k, cost me £590 fully comp, 7 years ncb, clean license and car garaged. Mines quite dear as I have the worst postcode in the country fr insuring cars.

The Simps
21-01-10, 08:37 PM
Well this/last year i paid £430 and had it agreed at 5k...
This year they want £500 for the same 5k...

I'm not suprised by that mate, most insurers have had a good hike in their rates this last year.

If you can't get it cheapr elsewhere with a name you can trust I'd stump up the extra £70. For the sake of £1.35 a week I'd want to now my pride & joy was safe.

phazer
21-01-10, 08:44 PM
I'd take the agreed value to be honest, especially with the amount of work you've done.

Out of interest I tried Sky this year and they wanted nearly £500 before we even got to agreed value (they said that insurer is more money). I'm paying a few quid over £300 this year with HIC which Sky said was seriously cheap for the mods on mine :tard: Shame they couldn't get close as some choice would be nice as it's getting quite hard to get the cover for sensible money.

The Simps
21-01-10, 08:46 PM
Sky wouldn't insure my coupe as it doesn't have an engine. Apparantly you must have an MOT and an engine to have valid insurance and collect NCD

Benn
21-01-10, 11:39 PM
Value at £8k, cost me £590 fully comp, 7 years ncb, clean license and car garaged. Mines quite dear as I have the worst postcode in the country fr insuring cars.

Hhmmm Only £90 off what they want from me, i have 10 ncb good post code garaged AV set at 7k. Might just go with the £500 think its gonna be the easiest way.

I'm not suprised by that mate, most insurers have had a good hike in their rates this last year.

If you can't get it cheapr elsewhere with a name you can trust I'd stump up the extra £70. For the sake of £1.35 a week I'd want to now my pride & joy was safe.

Well its £339 to £500. So its a jump. With the only extra being the agreed value.. But its looking more and more like just doing it.

I'd take the agreed value to be honest, especially with the amount of work you've done.

Out of interest I tried Sky this year and they wanted nearly £500 before we even got to agreed value (they said that insurer is more money). I'm paying a few quid over £300 this year with HIC which Sky said was seriously cheap for the mods on mine :tard: Shame they couldn't get close as some choice would be nice as it's getting quite hard to get the cover for sensible money.

As said, think that's what's gonna happen. I'd be very happy to pay £339..

Cheers for all the help, think i'm just gonna have to cough up the extra.