PDA

View Full Version : 32/34 weber poblems sorted

mel1
01-04-03, 10:35 PM
it all come to ahead today every time i tryed to pull away it died had to rev it to keep going,so i thawt thats it time to take the thing apart.just as i exspected particles of rust in float chamber, bags of power now and more controlable well thats whot i get for installing seconhand stuff

rgv_stu
02-04-03, 09:23 AM
well done

the rust could be from your tank. so stick an inline filter in the fuel line

i got another weber from the scrappie, its covered in oil inside and out but apart from that looks :) weber / adapter / manifold was ?15 :)

mel1
02-04-03, 06:40 PM
think ill put a filter in line thanks. going to clean the outside of mine next time when i take the inlet manifold off to enlarge the holes to increase the flow, just put it back on for now.my mate cleaned his carb with brake cleaner on the outside looked allmost brand new.you may need carb cleaner for inside don't no about that

Snowface
02-04-03, 06:54 PM
what car's can you take webbers from at scrappies? I know nova's don't have them as standard. They use twin downpipe Pierburgs or whatever don't they?

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 07:30 PM
what car's can you take webbers from at scrappies? I know nova's don't have them as standard. They use twin downpipe Pierburgs or whatever don't they?

correct

the webers are on fords i think

which ones i couldnt tell u

rgv_stu
02-04-03, 08:14 PM
the one you want is a weber 32/34 dmtl

THEY ARE NOT FITTED TO ANYTHING BUT THE ODD LANDROVER AS STANDARD.

they are infact used by weber in there replacement kits.

i have found them on sierra's , nova's and the one i got last week was on a golf. basically any car that had a pierburg 2e3 as standard could have a weber aftermarket fitted to it

so u really do just have to keep your eyes open