PDA

View Full Version : wheel tese wheels fit on my nova??

shanehandley
01-04-03, 10:33 PM
im getting a set of team dynamics mirage alloys, there 6.5x15" offset 45 and have 195/50/15 tyres on them.

my car is lowered 60mm and as no arch mods will they fit?

p.s it a mk2 .

thanks far any help.

mikeoxford
01-04-03, 10:48 PM
yes

Benjoyce
02-04-03, 10:10 AM
might rub a bit?!?!?

Will
02-04-03, 11:58 AM
they will fit

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 02:03 PM
might rub a bit?!?!?

id put money where my mouth is they wont :lol: 8) :twisted:

whitey
02-04-03, 03:38 PM
The same wheels in 16's and 7 inches wide will only rub a bit!

Benjoyce
02-04-03, 03:39 PM
why do my standard 14 3 spokes rub with 40mm drop?

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 04:43 PM

:lol: cos ur unlucky

and youve got ingrowing arches!? i dunoo!

i fitted 16 inch alloys, to a standard 1.2 merit, NO arch mods, HUGE tyres, they still fitted NO PROBS! even four up i never had MUCH scrubbage

Linda
02-04-03, 05:02 PM
Hi guys
Just been into a car accessory shop that sell alloys to find out what size alloys I will need. I just want to replace the steel rims with alloys, I don't want to lower the car have huge wheels or adjust any arches. The shop bloke said that I just need 14 ins and my 'normal tyres' can be put on them. I thought that alloys were wider than steel rims and that is why everyone wants them! Also the bloke said if you get the wrong size ie 15 ins this will knock your speedo out of whack, any comments? I bought my Nova with volkswagen wheels on which look nice and wide (from the back) instead of the thin standard nova wheels, the bloke in the M.O.T. Garage told me with a sharp intake of breath and a tut as if this shouldn't be done. Again, I would appreciate any comments? Is my tracking out of whack because I have the wrong width wheels on?
Thanx
Linda :? :?:

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 05:17 PM
Hi guys
Just been into a car accessory shop that sell alloys to find out what size alloys I will need. I just want to replace the steel rims with alloys, I don't want to lower the car have huge wheels or adjust any arches. The shop bloke said that I just need 14 ins and my 'normal tyres' can be put on them. I thought that alloys were wider than steel rims and that is why everyone wants them! Also the bloke said if you get the wrong size ie 15 ins this will knock your speedo out of whack, any comments? I bought my Nova with volkswagen wheels on which look nice and wide (from the back) instead of the thin standard nova wheels, the bloke in the M.O.T. Garage told me with a sharp intake of breath and a tut as if this shouldn't be done. Again, I would appreciate any comments? Is my tracking out of whack because I have the wrong width wheels on?
Thanx
Linda :? :?:

rubbish, just blokes trying to put one over on you

15 will not affect the speedo to any noticeable degree

maybe 1 mph :roll:

as for alloys, try and get 15" if u can, havent you said in every other post on here your on a budget!? and yet you want alloys!?

fair play

anyway yeah

youll be alright, everything else is ssound advice.

im unsure about reusing tyres, depends on the widths of both wheels u have / bought

Anton
02-04-03, 05:26 PM
my 17s fcuk the speedo big style

the 15s should have no trouble- mine were ok

mikeoxford
02-04-03, 05:30 PM
the 15s should have no trouble- mine were ok

i should have said

mine were also on my old nova

burgessovsalford
04-04-03, 11:48 AM

Never hered that happen before!!! on my first nova I have the 3 spoke vaux alloys. with massive tyres, lowered 60mm & I could still get a full car with no rubbing...

Ben (lurk75)
04-04-03, 02:59 PM
Shane they could rub.

I had 15" compomotive MO's with et 49 on 195/45/15"s and they rubbed a little, had to touch the arch with a grinder its fine now.

Go on Mike explain that one! :lol:

mikeoxford
05-04-03, 12:50 AM
Go on Mike explain that one! :lol:must be the angle of the dangle

:lol:

Ben (lurk75)
06-04-03, 08:40 AM
either that or the quadangle!!

privatepie
06-04-03, 01:31 PM
is there anything i can do to sort out the speedo if i put 17s on

Ben (lurk75)
06-04-03, 06:39 PM
You get the speedo re-calibrated by the minstry of transport.

But this is not really recommended.